EVENT: Tackling Trans Inclusion Further Than ‘Trans 101’
Wednesday 25th March, 15:00 – 16:00
Transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming people’s workplace experiences are often negative. Sadly, it is all too common for trans people to face discrimination, isolation and abuse, both in public and at work, despite specific protections under the Equality Act. In recent years, overt discrimination and harassment of trans people has visibly increased on social media and in the Press. Led by our Trans Inclusion specialist, this webinar explores how we can go further than simply raising awareness of trans identities, and instead stepping up to make genuine change in an increasingly hostile environment for trans people in the UK.
Trans Inclusion: What You Will Learn
This session will invite you to identify tangible action you can take to move beyond ‘trans awareness’ and into ‘trans inclusion’. Together, we will look at:
- The current context: what is it like to be trans in the UK in 2021?
- Why ‘awareness’ isn’t enough
- The importance of taking action and how to make a start
Trans Inclusion: Who Will Benefit
Inclusive Employers have designed this training for everyone who wants to know more about Trans Inclusion and wants to take action to improve it in their workplace. You could be in:
- An Inclusion Specialist;
- A Staff Network lead
- A trans ally.
Book Your Place
- Inclusive Employers Members can dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the registration link to book your place/s.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars (per webinar) for £89 + VAT. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at 10% discount on this price.
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Call us to discuss at: 020 7803 0689.