You will work closely in a small, dynamic team where we will look to you to assist in the management of the Total Facilities Management (TFM) contractor and their subcontractors in accordance with the requirements of the DVSA estate to ensure compliance with contractual obligations under the terms of the New Engineering Contract (NEC3). You will also interact with the wider team who will assist you with your daily duties. You will have supervision of 1 Administrative Officer (AO) where you will delegate and manage their workload.
You will need to use evidence and knowledge to support accurate, expert decisions and advice, whilst carefully considering value for money. You will need to be confident in having the ability to push back and challenge decisions when necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity as you will have exposure to a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external as well as job satisfactory in knowing you have assisted your colleagues in their work environment.
There may be a requirement to travel regularly to our office based in Nottingham, however you will be notified in advance
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Acting as main point of contact for operational colleagues and managers (by phone and email) regarding issues arising from services provided by the Contractor. Liaising with the contractor to resolve issues and keep sites updated on progress.
• Identifying alternative contractors to complete works where the TFM contractor is in defect.
• Raising annual limit orders on SAP to cover the Contractor’s monthly TFM application for payment and goods receipt on a monthly basis.
• Raising purchase orders and goods receipt for work undertaken by third party contractors outside of the TFM contract.
• Being responsible for reviewing and accepting billable new and replacement works for issues submitted by the Contractor on their Computer Aided Facilities Management System which sit outside the lump sum price of the TFM contract.
• Liaising with colleagues in other parts of Estates, H&S team and operational managers to resolve issues on any unsatisfactory works undertaken.
For more information about the role and responsibilities please see the attached Role Profile and Candidate Pack.
We are looking for someone who is a natural communicator with excellent verbal and written skills and can express themselves confidently and concisely. You will represent the Agency in a professional and clear manner whilst having the ability to push back and challenge decisions when necessary.
You will be someone who naturally enjoys working collaboratively with different business areas. You can build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders which enables you to create solid working relationships.
You will be a highly motivated, positive and an enthusiastic individual with a flexible attitude and a keen willingness to learn who welcomes autonomy to their role. You will have excellent organisational skills and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise a conflicting workload. You will be a team player with the ability to work on your own initiative and under pressure.
• IWFM Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services Principles or willing to work towards
• Good understanding of New Engineering Contract (NEC) 3 Term Service contract
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Visit the Civil Service Commission website Here