Are you interested in working for a world-leading research centre?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Engineer to join us at the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre to help develop and grown our Nuclear supply chain capabilities. This role is suited to a creative and self-motivated individual who has a passion for learning, enjoys analytical challenges and problem solving and has a desire to develop into a recognised expert in nuclear supply chain capability.
As a Senior Research Engineer, you will operate within cross-functional project teams, working closely within a team of research engineers, technical leads, nuclear specialists and experienced engineers to deliver projects and programs that range in diversity, complexity and duration. You will assist with projects broadly focused on UK and global nuclear supply chain development needs and capability for near term and future technologies.
The role has two main elements:
- Commercial /collaborative supply chain studies – undertaking work for/with organisations within the nuclear sector,
including government and international nuclear technology developers, to research nuclear supply chain specifics and inform
- Developing a knowledge platform for UK nuclear supply chain – complete independent research and development
work to keep up to date and expand the Nuclear AMRCs internal supply chain expertise and offering. This will include
bettering our understanding UK supplier capabilities across the country, the expected demand for nuclear capabilities and
any gaps in the UK supply chain.
- Have a good general knowledge of technical engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Have confidence in interacting with and discussing engineering principles with individuals of all levels.
- Have a good analytical approach
- Have good experience of typical IT capabilities (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Be able to work in multi-functional project teams and with internal and external partners.