As England’s independent regulator of qualifications, examinations and assessments, Ofqual’s job is to maintain standards, to make sure that qualifications accurately reflect the knowledge and skills people have attained through a range of different learning methods. We work with other Civil Service departments across the spectrum of education to deliver on our priorities and to ensure the best possible outcomes for learners in England.
Ofqual is a rewarding, dynamic place to work. The team strongly encourages flexible working and personal learning & development.
Diversity and Inclusion is important to us.
We actively encourage applications both from those within the Civil Service, and outside. We particularly encourage applications from those of a Black, Asian and minority ethnic background and those with disabilities, who are currently under-represented at Ofqual at this level.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in the Strategic Relationships for Vocational and Technical Qualifications (VTQ) team.
The team plays a significant role in communicating our technical expertise to a range of stakeholders; including employers who we regulate on behalf of, policy-makers who we align with; and the wider education sector, to promote confidence in regulated qualifications.
The post holder will play a key role in achieving Ofqual’s strategic objectives by supporting stakeholder relationships; ensuring effective engagement with both internal and external stakeholders (including, but not limited to employers and professional bodies, government and sector and partners) and delivering priority initiatives. This role plays an important part in stakeholders having confidence in the regulation of all types of vocational and technical qualifications and assessments.
- Build strong and positive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Work with others across Ofqual to ensure there is coordination in stakeholder management and that the internal impact of our work is understood
- Prepare briefings, reports and presentations that are clear, accessible and appropriate for the intended audience
- Support the strategic relationships team to gather intelligence and ensure intelligence is fed back to the organisation
- Coordinate engagement activities across the team; including meetings, visits and forums with external stakeholders
- Support communication with awarding organisations applying to be regulated by Ofqual
- Evaluate and analyse research and evidence from internal and external sources, to contribute to the delivery of stakeholder engagement strategies
- Contribute to effective risk management, in line with Ofqual’s risk framework
- Ensure information is captured appropriately through effective use of the CRM system
- Deliver and improve business functions, and use project and programme management skills to support the delivery of key initiatives.
- Provide flexible support to the wider team and directorate.