- Job Reference 32707
- SALARY & BENEFITS Salary: £37,803 - £41,585 (depending on skills and experience).
- Job Level Senior Executive Officer
Are you interested in working on high-profile projects that affect millions of people across the UK?
Are you a technically-proficient Scrum Master with proven experience managing a scrum team?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Roles Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Coaching a team with Scrum adoption
- Coaching technical specialists towards agile working practices
- Awareness of Scrum anti-patterns and common pitfalls
- Ability to challenge colleagues and stakeholders to ensure the purpose of the Scrum team is understood
- Ability to execute management responsibilities effectively and in line with DVSA policies and processes
- Ensuring the wider organisation understands Scrum
You will also have:
- First Level Scrum Master certification
- Experience as a Scrum Master within software development teams
- Experience with digital projects and products
- Experience of coaching technical staff and appreciation of coaching methods
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Understanding of the digital landscape
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to make effective decisions within fast-moving Agile delivery environment
- Ability to simply and clearly communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentations
- Open attitude to sharing information and knowledge
- Ability to prioritise own time and activities with minimal guidance
- Experience with frameworks for scaling Scrum
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
DDaT framework: Delivery Manager
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits.
– a generous annual leave entitlement,
– attractive pension options,
– flexible working,
– good career development opportunities,
– a variety of career paths,
– inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.