Developed by industry under the government’s ‘trailblazer’ initiative to become what is known as ‘standards based apprenticeships’, this Level 2 apprenticeship has been designed for those wishing to gain the technical knowledge and practical skills required to work within the Property Maintenance industry in job roles like Maintenance Assistant, Facilities Assistant, Maintenance Technician, caretaker or janitor.
Property maintenance operatives work in a wide variety of sectors including: housing; healthcare; social care; hospitality; education; commercial properties; leisure; retail, public and rpivate sector buildings. Their primary role is to optimise property condition and quality and to ensure the building is kept in a safe working condition.
The Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship includes:
- A technical knowledge component
- Transferable skills of English and maths at level 1 with attempted level 2
- A competent performance component
- Assessed behaviours
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
There are no entry requirements for this course and the course content is summarised below:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Property Maintenance Operative.
- Learn about health and safety in property maintenance.
- Learn about customer service
- Carry out painting and tiling tasks.
- Carry out plumbing maintenance and repairs.
- Carry out electrical testing and repairs.
- Understand and maintain heating ventilation and air conditioning.
- Carry out internal and external building fabric maintenance.
- Understand energy, environment and sustainable practices within property maintenance
- Understand how to work with external contractors
The course takes around 18 months to complete with the end point assessment being conducted in the final three months.
You can view full details of the Standard for the Property Maintenance Operative qualification here.
City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Property Maintenance (9673-11)
Apprentices will be recognised by the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) providing Associate Membership for the apprentice whilst studying.
The availability for this course is currently limited to specific areas. Please contact us for details of course locations or to express your interest.