Why work as part of our Process Operator Production team?
We are looking for self-motivated and dedicated Process Operators who are seeking a challenging and rewarding role at the heart of our business at our Edinburgh Bakery. You will carry out all duties relating to the process of baking biscuits in the production area. This involves a high level of specification for baking biscuits which includes rotary/moulding of dough, ovens, depository (mallow,jam,crème,toffee) and chocolate enrobing.
Process Operator Hours/Shift Pattern: You will be fixed to one of the following shift patterns
Back Shift – 2pm -10pm
Do YOU like biscuits? Of course you do! Who doesn’t? Burton’s are hiring, and we want YOU to be a part of the team.
Responsibilities of Process Operator (FMCG manufacturing)-
- Understand Production plan and Products for the Bakery
- Ensuring that the Plants are set up for relevant and desired product to centreline specification
- Monitoring of rotary/moulding and oven ensuring weights and moisture are within specification
- Where required making Toffee, Mallow or Crème to depositing on the product
- For Chocolate products ensuring correct coverage and weight of product
- As and when required trained to carry out changeovers on the Plants for next production runs
- Ensure compliance of Food Safety Standards
- Adhere to basic PPE and Plant Safety Standards
- Participate in any Safety, Health and Environment related courses as required
- Responsible for own and safety of others
- Comply with all safety regulations and instruction
- Participate in training and development of self and team
- Maintenance of hygiene and ‘clean as you go’ procedures
- Working together as part of a team to ensure we make great biscuits
- Operate and maintain all machinery in such a way as to ensure optimum performance and minimise downtime
- Conduct routine quality checks of the product as prescribed by the Process Control Sheet, adjusting settings as required to maintain the highest possible level of quality and to meet the Product Specification
- Communicate effectively with colleagues in order to control production and reduce waste
- Ensure the safe working environment and good hygiene of the process machinery and working area at all times
- Removed couple of points from here
Requirements of Process Operator (FMCG manufacturing)-
- Teamwork – Working together as part of a team to ensure we make great biscuits
- Ability to work on own initiative “Making the right decisions based on what is best for Burtons”
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is key.
- Good attention to detail
- Problem Solving – ability to react to fault finding skills and have the ability to work with the minimum amount of supervision
- Good numeric skills
- A flexible and self-motivated person
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record
- Awareness of health and safety and food safety / hygiene requirements is desirable
- Experience within the food manufacturing environment desirable
So, who Are Burton’s Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their c.$200 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive business.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This increases our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
As a result, we now have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
Related Jobs (15)
Planning Administrator (Maintenance / Engineering) on December 24, 2020 Full Time Permanent
Electrical Food Engineer (Multi-Skilled Technician / Manufacturing) on December 24, 2020 Full Time Permanent