- SALARY & BENEFITS £30,131 This salary is pro rata as the vacancy is part time.
- Job Contact Lesley O'Connell
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- EDUCATION LEVEL Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- Job Level Graduate
- INDUSTRY SECTOR Public Services
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
Have you got experience of managing and developing others?
Do you thrive in a busy environment?
Are you confident in making decisions and following them through to resolution?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our busy team, and we’d love to hear from you!
Your main responsibility will be managing a team of highly organised individuals, ensuring that work is delegated correctly and targets are met. You play an integral role to manage the Procedures Team, the Certificate of professional competence (CPC) team, Road Safety Information system (RSIS) and Training. Alongside this you will manage the team who deals with all incoming mail, ensuring that all mail is accounted for and sent to the correct teams.
You will be working closely with the management team to support the Virtualisation Programme, you will be dealing with various senior leaders and stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition between Newcastle and Swansea DVSA sites. You will be expected to draft procedures notices and taking an active part in projects.
Please note: This role is a job share; your contracted hours will be 18.5 hours. You will be expected to work standard hours Thursday, Friday and Wednesday PM.
There will be some travel involved with this role, this will between our DVSA sites. This can occur once a month with overnight stays.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Execute management responsibilities effectively, working with, leading and acting as a role model for 3 EO’s, 10 AO’s, 1 AA & contingent labour AA’s
• Draft procedure notices and take an active part in project discussions in the development of procedures. Quality assuring drafts produced by the team.
• Regularly reviewing performance against agreed operational targets, service level agreements and their own personal objectives feeding back through discussion to ensure that all personal training and development needs are identified, evaluated and actioned accordingly
• Ensure self and team apply agency policies in relation to staff management, including attendance management
• Utilise resources within the team, to meet the priorities of the business and review on a regular basis
• Ensure the team provides a quality service on all written and verbal communications so enquiries are resolved at first point of contact. This includes advice provided to the Contact Centre
• Collate evidence to satisfy the requirements of the accreditation. Discuss what is to be submitted as evidence with counterpart in Swansea and the wider management team and upload for the annual assessments
• To ensure staff follow procedures to ensure licences are issued to the correct person so as not to breach GDPR
For a full list of responsibilities please find the attached role profile.
To be successful in the role we will look to you to bring strong leadership capabilities, the ability to coach and support your team to enable development and growth.
You will have experience of providing guidance and robust recommendations to internal stakeholders, where your exceptional stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills will enable you to influence and challenge at all levels.
You are someone who thrives managing a varied and challenging workload, be able to prioritise your time and use your excellent organisational skills to ensure all tasks are completed within a timely manner.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
We’re an organisation that values professional expertise. We work in inclusive and diverse teams. Meeting the needs of the people who use our services runs through everything we do.
We have exciting plans for the next 5 years to continue making our roads safer. Join us on our journey and help us to save lives.
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our ‘one team’ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and that’s why we’re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
You’ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and communities, including individuals who identify as female, male, trans, non binary, disabled, black, Asian or minority ethnic etc.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Seeing the Big Picture
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Lesley O’Connell
Email : email@example.com
Recruitment team :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
Role profile Opens in new window (docx, 780kB)
Candidate Guidance for CV and Personal Statement Opens in new window (pdf, 405kB)
Candidate Notes Opens in new window (pdf, 823kB)