Paines Plough believes in the power of storytelling and its potential to change lives.
Our mission is to develop, champion and produce exceptional new writing, connecting with people and communities across the UK.
We tour new work that is socially relevant and that speaks to the present moment, empowering communities to take ownership of their own creativity and challenging ourselves to address the imbalance in representation across our industry.
At the centre of everything we do are our values of openness, collaboration and inclusivity, we are unafraid to try new things and we invest time, effort and care in getting to know the communities we visit as if we were local.
We are looking for somebody with a passion for our mission whose values align with ours. We believe in supporting individuals as they progress through our industry, whether a writer, artist or one of our team and we want to support you too in being empowered to be your best self at work with us.
This role is an opportunity for someone to support us in growing our ambitions to reach communities across the UK and beyond. During the pandemic we kept our communities of writers and audiences at the core of our values, delivering new work in new ways. Post Covid we are continuing to deliver ambitious new live work but exploring how our connectivity with audiences can continue to grow and evolve utilising digital means too, playing with how audiences can exist in new spaces.
If your values speak to ours and you are passionate about our mission then please get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
Paines Plough are looking for a committed and motivated individual to deliver the communications strategy for the organisation – with a focus on building the organisation’s digital communications – and to lead the marketing and audience development campaigns across all Paines Plough projects and activities.
contract until 31st March 2023
Reporting to: Executive Producer
Responsible for: Marketing Trainee
Working closely with: Joint Artistic Directors, Producer, Associate Producer
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- To deliver marketing campaigns for all Paines Plough productions and company activity, including digital campaigns, in liaison with the Executive Producer and Artistic Directors.
- Hold and manage marketing budgets for each project as set by the Executive Producer
- Be the primary contact for marketing and press departments within partner venues.
- Coordinate the design and delivery of production marketing assets both in print and digital, including posters, flyers, brochures, data capture cards, digital assets.
- Co-ordinate festival and venue brochures to include Paines Plough productions and Roundabout Visiting Companies.
- To lead on audience feedback and data collection responsive to funding requirements and organisational evaluation processes and to develop the strategy in response to feedback with the Joint Artistic Directors
- To manage future Marketing Trainees effectively, enabling them actively support campaigns.
- Supporting Roundabout’s Producer in FOH requirements for Paines Plough’s summer festivals, including recruitment, box office function, distribution activity and merchandise sales.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Inclusivity is at the heart of Paines Plough’s values; we promote equality and challenge discrimination in everything we do and tell relevant stories that reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly those from under-represented groups in the arts.
We will commit to interviewing people who identify as disabled and/or ethnically diverse who can demonstrate they meet the level of knowledge and skills required to do the job – please see the Person Experience and Attributes as we operate a transparent scoring system, applying a score against your response to each of the criteria as listed.
If you need any assistance, require this information in a different format or have any questions about the role. Please contact Faye Merralls via email@example.com to request the right version for you.
If you would like to submit your application in a different format we would be happy to accommodate this too. For example, this could be a short video or audio recording (up to five minutes in length) rather than a letter. Again, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this.