Can you provide a stimulating learning experience, motivating and inspiring students to become critical thinkers and high-quality professionals?
Joining the postgraduate team in the School of Sport and Health Sciences you will have up to date knowledge and experience of the role of an Advanced Practitioner. This could be from any specialist field within advanced practice that is registered with the NMC or the HCPC (Nursing & Midwifery Council or the Health and Care Professions Council). You will be joining the team in supporting students from all professions in their journey undertaking an MSc pathway / apprentice which is accredited by the Centre for Advancing Practice and HEE’s (Health Education England) Multi-professional framework and four pillars of advanced practice.
Your role will give you the opportunity to embed innovative teaching and simulation opportunities within an established team to enhance the student experience and share in the co-creation and delivery of this popular and respected programme of diverse modules. You will be expected to understand, and be able to support a range of assessments which include practical and written submissions.
You will have, or be working towards an MSc in a relevant subject and be committed to obtaining or have a university recognised teaching qualification and will be expected to have the following:
- A good (1 or 2:1) Health professionals’ degree
- A postgraduate qualification/PhD or an equivalent level of professional experience.
- A current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Understanding of academic and award standards and the range and level of knowledge and skills, both subject-specific and generic, which the programme is intended to foster
- A Higher Education teaching qualification and/or a HEA Fellowship is required, or will need to be achieved within the first 12 months.
For full details of this post please see the job description. For informal enquiries please contact Sarah Lewis-Tulett email@example.com Associate Dean for Education and Student Experience.
We welcome applications from candidates seeking to job share.