Are you interested in working for a world top 100 University?
Come and be part of an innovative and influential University department delivering excellent IT and business services to a leading Russell Group institution. With a reputation for engaging staff and students in partnership to deliver services, for
three years running UK students have voted us best for IT support. We are committed to delivering and supporting excellent customer focussed services and to do this we need to recruit the best staff, invested in higher education and dedicated to
supporting sector leading learning, teaching and research – and that’s why we need you…
We have an exciting opportunity in our department for a technically minded Systems Analyst who has extensive experience of leading the gathering and analysing requirements and producing high-quality functional specifications, using user stories and use cases, and non-functional specifications. You will be confident in challenging existing working practices and be able to offer alternative solutions where appropriate, using your excellent problem solving and analytic capabilities. You will be an excellent team player, keen to share ideas and able to work cross-functionally through building positive relationships with colleagues, both within the team and across the institution on a wide variety of projects. You will have a degree or equivalent qualification/experience.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Analyst, ideally with SAP experience, however training can be provided to fill knowledge gaps.
Your principal responsibilities will be as follows:
- Conduct in-depth analysis of customer requirements and act as a recognised source of expertise within SAP related projects providing advice and support to others, particularly the Project Manager and Senior SAP Developer
- Make a significant contribution to business process design, review and re-engineering and the development of policy and procedures through the application of experience and expertise
- Support several projects or a programme at any one time
- Produce robust business cases, providing enough information to enable decision making through collaborating and close working partnerships with key stakeholders across the University
- Lead and facilitate activities to elicit requirements and translate them into a prioritised requirement list to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs
- Bring your own experience and expertise to change and improve both the work of the department, and the work of the University as a whole
- You will work with other business departments and project teams within the SAP Development Team to design and deliver solutions to fulfil specific business needs.