AA Digital is a fast-paced team working on some of the most exciting innovations in the industry including connected car technology.
The team has adopted an Agile delivery model leveraging the Scrum framework. High performing, self-organising teams are expected and encouraged.
As Lead Scrum Master you will be responsible for motivating and facilitating the team’s delivery of improvements, making sure the team is focussed and able to deliver the highest value priorities for The AA and our customers. You will be focussed on increasing team predictability and productivity, coaching and guiding the team to identify, establish and evolve agile ways of working to build and maintain a high performing team.
What will I be doing?
- Ensure team events are held and have a clear purpose and outcome
- Supporting the team through regular planning activities
- Making sure the team are collaborating effectively, both internally and externally to manage and remove dependencies
- Building a supportive culture and safe environment within the team; understanding the barriers to motivation and finding ways to overcome them
- Ensure the team is working on what they set out to achieve and that they can achieve it
- Making sure the right roles have been identified and filled within the team
- Anticipating, evaluating and communicating the impact of delivery changes before decisions are made
- Holding the team to account throughout the delivery lifecycle for what they are delivering
- Ensuring transparent ways of working as a default within the team
- Visualising work within the team’s space to help their effective delivery
- Running successful meetings and/or workshops as required
- Coaching the team and individuals for improvements in how they apply agile values, principles and practices
- Focusing the team on the continuous improvement/small feedback loops for ways of working and value delivered
- Coaching and supporting other Scrum Masters
- Coaching and supporting the Product Owner community, focusing on building and refining the Product backlog
- Champion cross-team transparency
Own and facilitate the Scrum of Scrums
- Participate in the Agile Community of Practice, sharing knowledge, skills and best practice
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in a Scrum Master role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Demonstrable experience of working with remote teams
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge of coaching, servant leadership, facilitation and conflict resolution
- Exposure to working with Agile at scale
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Awareness and experience with successful Agile techniques
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, LeSS etc
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies such as iOS, Android, Angular / Java
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and communication skills
Education and Qualifications:
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agile Coaching certification
- Scaled Professional Scrum
- The individual will be a natural leader with excellent motivational skills
- A good problem solver, analytical and quick logical thinker with a confident and engaging communication style
- Diligent, data-driven individual who is committed to continual assessment and improvement.
- The individual must be comfortable with objectively challenging their peers, superiors and reports to achieve the best possible outcomes for the business and its customers
- Whilst robustness and integrity are important, the individual must also be pragmatic and able to adapt to the needs of the business.
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.