The primary objective of the IT Test Manager is to define and manage effective IT Testing within the given portfolio, in line with the AA IT Test Strategy. This will include providing the relevant testing governance, managing all types of testing, resources, and stakeholders through the STLC, and being an integral part of the SDLC to ensure delivery of high-quality solutions in a cost-effective manner.
What will I be doing?
- Define, implement and maintain a Testing Strategy for the portfolio
- Managing the Testing team to ensure training and development needs are identified and met, and all performance reviews are completed and provide direction to the team
- Managing stakeholders at various levels up to Director level
- Produce testing artefacts for all projects and releases, including Test plans, estimates and completion reports
- Provide hands on testing if necessary
- Co-ordinate the use and maintenance of test environments for systems across the estate, ensuring best practices for data quality and data consistency
- Provide Test reporting and MI to stakeholders, tracking defect counts, defect leakage and test coverage to analyse and drive continuous improvement within Test
What do I need?
- Significant experience of Test managing multiple projects across multiple systems, in various delivery methodologies (e.g Waterfall and Agile).
- Prior experience managing people
- Experience of Test managing distributed teams on and off-shore, and delivering with vendor teams
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry and/or financial services
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Focus on delivery and exceeding customer expectations
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of testing for small-medium scale IT programmes/projects
- Experience in test automation frameworks and tools as well as driving automated testing successfully on test programmes
- Experience of TDD, CI/CD, or DevOps desirable
- Extensive use of Jira for Test and Defect management
- ISTQB Foundation level qualified
- ISTQB Test Management Certificate desirable, but not essential
What’s in it for you
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Annual discretionary performance related annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
- Flexible benefits
- Plus, so much more!