- Job Reference 31447
- SALARY & BENEFITS £30,131 - £32,691 plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates
- Job Level Higher Executive Officer
Are you experienced in managing and maintaining security policies within a large organisation?
Would you describe yourself as a highly proficient and talented IT Security Manager?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Reviewing requests for change for DVSA’s security policy
- Providing advice and guidance on compliance to IT Security Policy
- Supporting the application of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Identifying and reporting systematic weaknesses in control effectiveness
- Liaising with other government agencies on technical security matters
- Assisting with investigations into IT Security Incidents
You will also have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
- Demonstrate experience of working in a technical IT environment
- High quality communication and drafting skills
- Able to negotiate with senior staff
- Understanding of legislation and how to interpret it
- Ability to explain technical diagrams quickly to a variety of recipients
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.