- EDUCATION LEVEL Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- INDUSTRY SECTOR Law
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solution for every client.
As a full service law firm, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the USA providing legal advice to clients across its company commercial, human resources, litigation and dispute management, and real estate practices.
With 67 offices across 34 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
As part of this role you can expect to be involved in:
- Responsible for the full project lifecycle through design, planning, build, deployment and lessons learned.
- Responsible for the day to day management of 3rd parties and internal team members working on the delivery of the project.
- Creation and ownership of MS project plans, identify and understand dependencies and ensure realistic delivery dates. Report progress against baseline for key milestones.
- Creation and ownership of the project RAID log, responsible for the ensuring the resolution of all issues and the identification of mitigations for risks.
- Responsible for ensuring engagement of key stakeholders and keeping them engaged and up to date with project progress.
- Understand and communicate technical solutions and designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Working closely with IT, business and 3rd party vendors to understand requirements and deliver effective designs.
- Responsible for reporting of the project status, planning and budget management.
- Manage, motivate and monitor cross functional teams.
- Responsible of handover of solutions to support teams (internal and external) as part of service introduction along with production of relevant handover documentation.
Skills and experience:
- 3 years + experience in delivering finance or HR change projects
- Prince 2 certified
- Good understanding of Finance processes
- Experience of working with external suppliers including large outsource providers
- Previous finance background or Finance systems support
Experience of cloud technologies, SAAS services
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.