Do you have a core background working in IT security?
Are you hungry for a new role that allows you to explore and work with new and emerging technology?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and server-less solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ensuring the security of DVSA’s connection to the PSN and re-certification is maintained
- Continuously monitoring and assessing the shortfall between both actual security measures in place and those established at a policy level
- Directly managing external resources for testing and liaising with external security consultants
- Providing general security advice to business areas and projects
- Ensuring the production and review of information security policies
- Ensuring a prompt response to security incidents
You will also have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
- Experience in managing, supporting or securing Information and Communications Technology (ICT) systems in a business environment
- An understanding of the requirements for government security in internet connected wide area networks
- Ability to identify areas of risk and propose suitable and proportionate controls in plain English to a variety of audiences
- Willing to travel in order to undertake Information Security training, perform audits and attend external (eg. Departmental or third party) meetings
- CESG Certified Professional Scheme – Security Information Risk Advisor – “Practitioner” minimum – achieved or be willing to work towards this.
- CESG Certified Professional Scheme – Security Architect or ITSO – “Practitioner” minimum – achieved or be willing to work towards this
- Training in IT Security Architecture
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
For more info on our digital transformation, head over to ourBlog andLinkedIn .
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits.
– a generous annual leave entitlement,
– attractive pension options,
– flexible working,
– good career development opportunities,
– a variety of career paths,
– inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.