We are seeking a Head of Finance to lead the Finance & Procurement Department with day to day responsibility for budgetary and financial management. You`ll have the opportunity to provide excellent shared services to our customers, promoting and supporting effective financial management and controls including key business critical projects and the overall financial performance for Historic England.
We offer a wide benefits package including a competitive pension scheme, a generous 28 days holiday, flexible working, corporate discounts and development opportunities to ensure you achieve your goals.
The role is based in our Swindon office.
What you will be doing:
In this busy and varied role you will be responsible for owning the annual budget process culminating in approval of budget by Executive Team and Business & Finance Committee.
You will lead the annual statutory accounts process ensuring all accounts are delivered on time and to a high standard.
You are responsible for formulating the business plans/budgets and monitor progress towards their achievement, drawing attention to important trends, and to opportunities to improve earnings and to minimise risk.
Producing internal financial reporting to aid decision making such as Monthly Performance Reporting, Project pipeline reports and Major Project Reporting.
Ensuring that all internal and external financial reporting is consistent, of a high standard and timely and produce long term financial plan to be included in the Corporate Plan and ensure it fits with regulatory requirements.
Deliver the financial strategy for Historic England and supervise its financial performance and manage resources within budgets and achieve year on year improvements in productivity including identifying efficiencies.
Work flexibly to lead on strategic and/or corporate issues in response to changing national organisational and group priorities.
Who we are looking for:
- CCAB or CIMA qualified accountant with at least 10 years post qualification experience and at least 5 years at a senior management level
- Hands-on experience of preparing and filing statutory accounts and tax returns
- Develop and empower a diverse team of both qualified accountants and non-qualified staff
- Confident to operate at a strategic level in both a business and Finance
- Experience at a senior level of creating and delivering long-, medium- and short term financial strategies and plans.
- Well-developed leadership skills and experience in leading large teams, demonstrating integrity and emotional intelligence, totally trustworthy
- Excellent communicator at all levels including Board level, both written and verbal
- Totally trustworthy with the highest ethical standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you. Having just won the Gold Award from MIND, we also recognise the importance of a healthy work -life balance. We offer a wide benefits package including a competitive pension scheme, a generous 28 days holiday, corporate discounts, free entry into English Heritage sites across the county and development opportunities to ensure you achieve your goals
Provisional interview date: w/c 22nd March 2021
Supplementary documents: Job Description
Related Jobs (13)
Interim National Aerial Investigation and Mapping Manager on February 23, 2021 Fixed Term Full Time Temporary