Responsible for the financial management and reporting of the entire Operations P&L, balance sheet and cashflow.
Key aspects of the core role include the leadership and delivery of forecasting, budgeting, planning, and decision support, all combined with an oversight over financial control and management reporting. The role will work closely with the Business Unit Director and their senior management team, to ensure they are involved in shaping the strategic direction of the division.
This role has responsibility and accountability across all areas of Operations in Roadside, managing a team that business partners Road, CPM, Supply & Fleet and Customer Services & Support, ensuring that all decision making has sufficient and accurate analysis, challenge, governance and review.
The role provides all aspects of financial support to the business and their teams, including commercial support, challenge and strategic decision making.
What will I be doing?
Working alongside the Operations management team and reporting to the Director of Finance Roadside, the role will:
- Act as a key member of the Operations leadership teams working across all areas of senior management, providing strategic and commercial recommendations
- Proactively contribute to the strategic direction and decisions of the business area, constructively challenging and influencing to optimise performance
- Successfully lead day to day operational requirements in line with strategic priorities & objectives
- Ultimate ownership and development of the operations forecasting and reporting models, providing governance and insight over these and then presenting outputs to senior management within Operations & Roadside
- Ownership and accountability for forecasting, budgeting and reporting of Revenue and EBITDA for areas of responsibility, understanding all elements of performance to ensure accuracy and effective decisions can be made over this
- Ownership of balance sheet and cashflow performance to ensure appropriate control and awareness of the AA’s cashflow trajectory, working closely with the financial reporting team to ensure accuracy
- In conjunction with the business, develop & implement strategies that increase the AA’s income, reduce costs & improve profitability
- Be aware & involved in any significant change, investments or transformation initiatives across Operations.
- Proactively identify, prioritise & deliver continuous improvement within all aspects of Finance
- Ad hoc projects and involvement to support the wider Finance team
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of managing a team with the ability to develop and challenge
- Ability to work both at a detailed and strategic level transitioning between in-depth reviews with team members and then producing high level summary for senior management and exec level
- Strong understanding of operational performance of the business across the wider AA is required, working with the financial owners of these areas.
- Commercially minded
- Clear overview & credible understanding of the entire roadside division, enabling the individual to deputise for Director of Finance Roadside when required.
- Ability to influence business decisions at senior executive level by demonstrating a detailed understanding of the business and communicating effectively
- Drive and manage change
- Excellent communications skills at all levels of the business
- Strong decision support skills and experience
- Manage conflicting demands across a number of different areas and able to prioritise own time
Education and Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with experience gained in similar working environment
- Minimum of 5-10 years post qualified experience
- Enthusiastic with desire to succeed
- Ambitious, with aspiration to develop into Director level role
- Team player with ability to lead
- Personable to bring out the best from team members and stakeholders
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.