- Salary Range Competitive
- Job Level Management
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solution for every client.
As a full service law firm, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the USA providing legal advice to clients across its company commercial, human resources, litigation and dispute management, and real estate practices.
With 69 offices across 34 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic team, providing world class financial services to our business. You’ll be someone who wants to be the best at what they do; who can handle pressure and enjoys making decisions that will have a real impact on the business. Our firm is all about teamwork and you would be a crucial part of that team – you’ll find the work stimulating, the atmosphere dynamic and the results highly satisfying.
This high profile role will take full responsibility for Global Treasury related activity for Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP. This will include Global Cash and Balance Sheet management and driving Treasury and Cash Management policy, processes, governance and controls across all jurisdictions.
- Maintain key banking relationships, negotiate and agree all RCF and overdraft credit facilities ensuring all ongoing banking covenants met, evaluate new products.
- Production of regular cash forecasts, and assessing funding requirements across various jurisdictions in the Group.
- Manage banking assets and liabilities optimally across all bank accounts and jurisdictions and with multicurrency accounts, minimising banking and foreign currency charges.
- Manage currency balance sheets across all jurisdictions to minimise FX risk.
- Strong stakeholder support to Partners, fee earners and operational teams on all cash and banking related issues.
- Manage client monies optimally in line with Firm wide policies and procedures around client money accounts rules.
- Establish consistent Treasury governance and control procedures across Eversheds Sutherland UK and international jurisdictions, and ensure their effective implementation and operation.
- Maintain appropriate communications with Partners, senior management and external bodies with regard to our Treasury and cash management position.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant and/or equivalent Treasury qualifications
- Extensive Treasury experience in complex Global Treasury function
- Experience of managing balance and FX risk.
- Experience of dealing with client monies desirable.
- Ability to influence and lead change in order to drive commercial performance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a strong team-working ethos.
- Self-starter with ability to work on your own initiative.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.