- Job Reference 32718
- SALARY & BENEFITS £37,803 - £41,585
- Job Level Senior Executive Officer
Are you interested in working on high-profile projects that affect millions of people across the UK?
Are you looking for a role within an organisation that will value you as a person rather than a commodity?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
Project management offices are changing. As we become more agile, the role is evolving. As a result, we’re not looking for a traditional PMO, but rather an Agile Delivery Support Office. This will be based on Agile values, and focussed on continuous delivery and iterative improvement. The new function will focus on our people – including recruitment and retention, and supporting team activities that deliver change and keep our roads safe. Through this role, you will have an opportunity to shape how the support team adds value across our digital department. If you are passionate about creating and supporting an environment which enables our people and teams to be successful, this could be the role for you.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Roles Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Leading the ongoing evolution and scaling of the organisational design model to support delivery of digital teams
- Managing and driving delivery plans to attract, retain and develop a team
- Managing support requirements to enable effective reporting and operational cohesion across DVSA Digital
- Working with senior leaders across Digital to provide changing administrative needs within the department, from procurement through to risk management
You will also have:
- Experience in a similar role, such as management support or attraction/recruitment teams
- Experience in people management and development roles with an understanding of the employee lifecycle
- Experience of managing performance and driving change
- Experience defining and delivering people-focussed business strategies in fast-changing environments
- Experience defining and enabling the delivery of business plans into multiple services
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders to influence and drive changing priorities and business needs
- Experience of quality management approaches, financial planning and risk management
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Developing Self and Others
- Communicating and Influencing
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits.
– a generous annual leave entitlement,
– attractive pension options,
– flexible working,
– good career development opportunities,
– a variety of career paths,
– inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.