CW Fletcher and The University of Sheffield AMRC are looking for a Data Scientist to work on a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project funded through Innovate UK. CW Fletcher are market leaders in complex engineering for manufacturing, covering the aerospace, nuclear and space sectors. This KTP project aims to drive forward CW Fletcher’s use of data collected across their manufacturing facilities to enable their vision of data-driven manufacturing.
In the project, data capture and storage methods will be reviewed and revised as needed, ensuring a robust persistence strategy that is in line with the requirements of CW Fletcher’s contract portfolio. Data exploration will be key, to identify pertinent features of the available data sets and appropriate analysis strategies. A case-study component will be selected to benchmark the developed methodologies before consideration is given for aligning the data-driven tools with business-critical applications (eg. Enterprise Resource Planning).
The candidate will have;
- A strong honours degree in an appropriate subject area (Masters level or above preferred), including experience of
computer programming, data analysis, statistics, and data processing.
- Hands-on experience with an established data analysis programming language (Python, R, Julia, SQL, etc.).
- Experience in leading data science projects which resulted in demonstrable impact.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex ideas to a variety of audiences, both written and
- verbal. Experience of working and communicating with colleagues from across a manufacturing organisation (or similar)
would be beneficial.
- Personal motivation, drive, good planning, organisation skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines are essential.
- Determination, resilience and willingness to continuously improve, to realise the company’s vision for the research
This role will be a 24-month fixed-term contract funded through the Knowledge Transfer partnership (KTP). The location for the appointment is Sheffield. Both CW Fletcher and the AMRC are based to the East of Sheffield. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will spend most of their time at CW Fletcher, with frequent visits to the AMRC’s Factory 2050. A development budget will be available to the successful candidate which can be used for technical and personal development
Related Jobs (11)
International Account Manager – Leading Food Manufacture on April 14, 2021 Full Time
Customer Service Analyst / Graduate (Supply Chain / FMCG) on April 13, 2021 Fixed Term Full Time Graduate
CI Facilitator / Assistant Continuous Improvement Manager on April 9, 2021 Full Time Permanent
Category Manager (Food FMCG – Leading Category Manufacturer) on April 7, 2021 Full Time