The Collaboration Engineer will become an integral part of the BPP IT Infrastructure Team supporting day-to-day business-as-usual operations, current and future infrastructure project initiatives.
The Collaboration Engineer will define, implement, uphold and maintain Azure apps, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Office 365, cloud services and all the supporting technology such as AAD Connect, SharePoint, Exchange, ADFS, Teams and O365.
The role is a third line engineering role and as such is the highest point of internal escalation responsible for acting on all technical requests, projects, and strategic initiatives, for technologies related to this profile. Additional responsibilities include routine contact with appropriate IT and non-IT personnel from the BPP all group of companies. As needed, individual will act as expert level resource on reported incidents in the client environment including mentoring and the training of internal IT staff.
Hybrid – Home and Liverpool Street, London office based
Occasional travel and up to 1 week away from normal place of work
- To lead/facilitate meetings and conduct presentations to technical and business staff
- To communicate technical concepts and proposals into understandable and justifiable business initiatives.
- To participate in the definition of specific technical design, product selection, device standardization.
- To proactively implement, update, maintain, manage, monitor, and support enterprise systems infrastructure.
- To perform change control on all Identity and Messaging infrastructure.
- To help lead IAM architecture and design initiatives with full documentation to ensure consistency, accuracy, and supportability.
- Maintains technical overview of client environment. This includes (but is not limited to) incident / problem tracking, and ensuring junior engineers maintain delegated tasks in kind by mentoring and both technically and professionally.
- Research problem information to proactively identify trends and potential sources of new problems while preventing the replication of issues within the environment. Acts as SME for escalated issues and questions from ITOC and BPP IT Team members.
- Through continuous review, ensures all open incidents for BPP are being worked to resolution; escalates any aged issues to management as needed displaying a sense of ownership and accountability. Works with clients to understand the business needs of clients to create solutions to fit their needs.
- Primary driver for development and delivery of project / BAU activity within the environment
Related Jobs (36)
Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineering Technician on January 21, 2022 Fixed Term Full Time