To support a major transformation programme within the Insurance technology tower by completing the definition of business requirements and transforming these into amended or new business processes in line with technology change.
What will I be doing?
- To work with leaders and SMEs across the Insurance business to evaluate business processes and define business requirements. You will use a selection of mechanisms to gather these including, facilitating workshops, working practice observations, 121 meetings and investigation.
- Requirements are to be clearly articulated and documented to describe the end to end technology and business processes
- To work with technology providers to understand inherent functional and non-functional capabilities of their software applications and determine the changes to the application and/or business processes to enable successful implementation and management of any new software.
- To document the current and future state business process landscape and collaborate with the business operational readiness team to implement the new processes and target operating model.
- To be responsible for implementing and applying robust requirements managements standards to ensure quality production of requirements documents and traceability of requirements from definition to acceptance testing.
- To develop a series of recommended business changes to the as-is business process library as a result of the collected requirements
- To create and maintain a good working relationship with programme managers, project sponsors and other senior managers and assist with the initiation and facilitation of solutions based on business need.
- To present requirements and recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Ensure that all solutions are fit for their operational purpose and, in particular, that the specific demands and requirements of the business are met
Ensure tasks are completed within the agreed timelines of the project.
- Influence change management to ensure best practice is followed and knowledge centre is managed to good effect for re-use and reference.
- To prepare detailed and comprehensive project documentation where appropriate
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven ability to work with business leaders, SMEs and third parties in order to define requirements
- Exceptional analytical skills with a proven ability of translating requirements into proposed business change
- Experience working in the Insurance sector, ideally with a Broker and / or Call Centre
- Excellent documentation and communication skills with an ability to present complex scenarios clearly
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed focusing on delivering business benefit
- Experience of working on large-scale Insurance transformation programmes
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Good communication skills, written, verbal and listening, across all business levels
- Good time management and project management skills to enable successful delivery within pre-set deadlines and to the required standard
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- A good negotiator, influencer and networker
- Able to make decisions where appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude for new processes, technologies and procedures
- Expert problem solver
- Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects
- Creative thinker
- Commercially astute
- Understands customer expectations & creates value for the customer
- Gains the commitment of others
- Builds and maintains relationships
- Reinforces continuous improvement
- Supports the development of new ideas/approaches
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.