This role is a crucial part of the Group Marketing team at a very exciting time for the AA brand, helping shape and grow our brand in the UK primarily from a media strategy and planning perspective with opportunities to also work across creative briefing and development for brand and product GTM.
What will I be doing?
- Work closely with Senior Marketing Manager – Media to manage short to long term media strategy, planning and execution with our dedicated media agencies across brand (from broader campaigns to tactical product launches) and coordinating individual P&Ls as appropriate
- Support delivery of all ATL media planning and execution across brand, DR and P&Ls as appropriate
- As required, work with the other members of the brand team on creative campaign briefing, planning and execution from a brand and GTM product perspective
- Ensure we are leading the way with brand media / creative both in efficiency and innovation
- Support management of ongoing econometrics reporting and identify and support continual effectiveness and optimisation opportunities
- Be a point person for media across the whole of the AA business – helping advise on media planning within P&Ls with an eye on how it ladders into the wider Group Marketing ambitions.
- Supporting management of the AA’s offline media agencies and maintain close relationships with online media agencies
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager on senior leadership requests from a media perspective – stepping up as appropriate to defend and showcase our brand media approach
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience in media planning, strategy and management, across agency and ideally client side
- Good understanding of brand planning with a focus on ATL performance and experience in direct response
- Experience of forecasting and budget optimisation drawing on multiple data points including linear campaign reporting, econometrics modelling
- Understanding of media buying, implementation management and trading dynamics in media market
- Good experience of digital and/or below the line planning and effectiveness
- Experience of creative campaign briefing / management desirable from brand and product GTM perspective
- Good commercial instinct – ability to balance longer term thinking with shorter term tactical requirements
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders across a large, complex organisation, whether agency or client side
- Experience with budget management
- Excellent understanding of agency and agency management
- Positive, proactive and keen to learn (both media and creative)
- A love of brand marketing and media
- Highly numerate and commercially savvy
- Ability to build rapport and influence large range of stakeholders (upwards, sideways and into other areas of organisation)
- Ability to own and lead the agenda, holding others to account
- Clarity of thought, and ability to simplify complex decisions and situations
- Resilient, robust and unflappable
- Organised with a good attention to detail, prioritisation and time management
- Good written and spoken communication skills
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.