- Contact Email email@example.com
Badminton England is seeking passionate badminton players, coaches, volunteers or organisers to join the Board of Directors
Are you a badminton player, coach, club or county volunteer, technical official or tournament organiser? Badminton England is recruiting for a new director from the sport, who has the skills and experience to contribute to the future growth and success of badminton in England.
Contribution to success in badminton Other skills and expertise Your experience will include some or all of the following key areas of badminton development. You will:
▪ know the pathways and structures within English badminton, including participation, coach learning and development and competition
▪ have proven experience in identifying and developing players and coaches ▪ be a volunteer, an organiser involved in running a successful club, county or tournament or a technical official
▪ be passionate about wanting and contributing to growth and success.
You will have other relevant skills and expertise. You will:
▪ provide strategic insight and guidance to ensure that Badminton England achieves future growth and success
▪ have proven leadership experience, or a thirst to learn, in order to understand the need for Badminton England to adopt the highest standards of corporate governance
▪ demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a variety of situations
▪ contribute to Board discussions candidly and with tact and diplomacy, take a forward-looking approach and balance the traditions of badminton with a commercial outlook.
Elected Directors are voluntary positions and while the appointment will be made entirely on merit based on skills and experience, Badminton England strongly encourages and welcomes expressions of interest from candidates from the BAME community or who have a disability, where there is currently under-representation on the Board.
The time commitment is expected to around 10 – 15 days per annum, mainly involved in Board meetings at the National Badminton Centre in Milton Keynes.
If you would like to discuss the position, please contact our Chair, Mike Robinson via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should submit a covering letter with a CV which sets out the specific skills and experience they would bring to the role.
To apply, please copy and paste use the following link into your web browser to complete an online application form:
Alternatively, please go to www.badmintonengland.co.uk and select our careers page to apply.
Applications should be submitted no later than Thursday 13 August 2020.
Interviews to be held on Tuesdays 25 August & 1 September 2020.