The role provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to help deliver and enhance a support model that provides excellent pass rates, student experience and strong operational relationships with our clients and trainees.
The overall objective of this role is to provide support to our Accountancy & Tax apprentices, ensuring that they feel safe and welcome, understand the programme requirements and remain engaged and progress throughout their programme.
- Act as a point of contact for all programme queries from students, offering excellent customer service and issue resolution
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to support the successful on-boarding of new students:
- Interviewing learners and line managers as part of onboarding process
- Ensure learner records are kept up to date
- Ensure key information is sent to students as part of their enrolment to their educational programme
- Ensure apprenticeship students have access to a learning plan at the start of their programme
- Review attendance, steps, exam results and Hub engagement on a regular basis. Pro-actively facilitate follow up calls with learners in line with the school’s retention and progression strategy, ensuring they have the support they need to achieve and are progressing at the required rate
- Provide regular communication to learners regarding their programme of study, ensuring relevant and consistent messaging for all learners
- Check exam results and facilitate subsequent course bookings in line with the LP, adjusting the learning plan throughout the learner journey as necessary
- Promote learner feedback mechanisms, encouraging completion of surveys and attendance at LSLCs, and monitoring and driving learner satisfaction rates
- Organise, promote and supervise access to the Virtual Campus
- Work with learning support and safeguarding teams to signpost learners where required
- Other ad hoc tasks as require
Department: Accountancy & Tax – A&T Apprenticeships
Location: UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive, resilient and ready to take on any task
- Customer-focused; driven to ensure learner satisfaction
- Lateral thinker with a logical approach to tasks and problems
- Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent organisational skills to meet deadlines
- Able to prioritise effectively and be able to juggle several tasks at the same time
- Work well within a team to solve problems collectively, making suggestions and using other people’s ideas and advice
- Have a strong desire and capability to learn new skills and new technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages specifically Outlook, Excel & Access
- Experience of working in an office environment with several work based deadlines
- Knowledge of Accountancy and Tax Apprenticeships
- Experience with supporting learners in an educational environment
- Understanding of key systems and IT software
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).