Guildhall School of Music & Drama is a vibrant, international community of young musicians, actors and production artists in the heart of the City of London. We produce outstanding graduates whose talents light up stages and concert platforms across the world. As well as providing professional training at undergraduate, postgraduate, junior and short course level, the School has a substantial programme of regular performances, encompassing concerts, recitals, plays, operas and musicals open to the general public.
We are looking for 3 Acting Tutors to join the Drama Department. These positions are:
- Acting Tutor (Screen Acting)
- To teach Acting on Camera classes to second year students on our BA and MA Acting programmes.
- Building on previous training, the work will develop the actors’ ability to act confidently and authentically on screen. Applicants should have an understanding of the specific requirements and skills need for acting on screen. A sound understanding of practitioners in the field of acting training is essential.
- Acting Tutor (Improvisation)
- To teach Improvisation classes to first and second year students on our BA and MA Acting programmes.
- The role holder will work with students to develop agility of mind to create freely in rehearsals and preparation for performance. A sound understanding of practitioners in the field of acting training is essential.
- Acting Tutor (Acting Exercises)
- To teach ‘Acting Exercises’ classes to first year students on our BA and MA Acting programmes.
- The work will develop the actors’ ability to act confidently and bring their own specific life experiences to that of a character in a play. A sound understanding of practitioners in the field of acting training is essential.
The role holders will play an integral part in the learning experience offered to students within the department, ensuring that the teaching provides a student experience that is inclusive, representative and accessible, allowing students to meet the learning aims and objectives of the relevant modules. They will ensure that students receive the highest possible levels of tuition, guidance and support and that teaching is relevant and inspiring and responds to the needs of the acting profession.
To apply online, please visit https://careers.cityoflondon.gov.uk/.