Working as part of the HR team you will lead employee wellbeing activities on behalf of the AA. You will work closely with the business and HRBPs to understand the drivers of wellbeing, then lead the implementation and management of the health programmes within our overall wellbeing strategy as well as acting as the contract manager for our occupational health and employee assistance programme providers. You will be aware of industry best practice, gaining approval for implementing innovative wellbeing ideas.
You are also responsible for the active promotion of our wellbeing programmes and ensuring they are accessible and accessed by our people (OH, Emotional Wellbeing, Physiotherapy, EAP and MHFAs). A key part of our wellbeing offer is our cadre of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFAs). You will lead the team of MHFAs and Lead MHFAs, managing the spend of their local budgets, and ensure they are a motivated, driven team that act as a key signposting interface between wellbeing programmes and our people.
What will I be doing?
- Understand the drivers of wellbeing, absence and ill health in the business and ensure that our programme of wellbeing activities is actively aligned to this. Work with the business, ER Specialists and HR Business Partners to tackle absence in a joined up and integrated way.
- Work with internal comms and other partners to create and deliver a wellbeing communications plan, so that a series of integrated themed activities are delivered throughout the year.
- Lead and design wellbeing initiatives that support our wellbeing strategy, particularly in the areas of mental and physical health. Monitor their impact and report on outcomes using pre-agreed success criteria. Work with T&D, HRBPs and other partners to ensure a joined-up product offer to our clients.
- Contract management of external partners who provide occupational health and wellbeing services, ensuring they meet service standards and service level agreements. Proactively survey end users to ensure satisfaction with the services provided.
- Drive and manage the team of MHFAs and Lead MHFAs, ensuring their skills are up to date and that they are motivated to deliver a responsive and proactive listening and signposting service to our people. Manage the local Lead MHFAs in spending their wellbeing budgets.
- Assist with the drafting of new employment policies and the associated procedures.
- Maintain and grow positive relationships with Trade Union representatives and Management Forum on wellbeing issues. Take responsibility for growing and maintaining the relationship with local representatives.
- Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
- Any other activities as required from time to time.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Broad, good operational experience in the AA or another operational business with similar attributes
- Demonstrable experience in the implementation and maintenance of wellbeing programmes or initiatives
- Proven ability to successfully motivate people
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of managing contracts and/or contractors up to the value in line with our external OH and Wellbeing contracts
- Experience of overseeing the development of learning and communication materials.
Education and Qualifications:
- No formal qualifications required other than experience/qualifications broadly commensurate with the requirements of the role.
- Ability to inspire others to follow their lead
- Can adapt management style to meet the circumstances, interfacing at a range of levels
- A pro-active self-starter who understands the needs of their clients.
- Understands the business, future direction and the needs of our customers and translates that into practical initiatives
- Communicates concisely, effectively and persuasively in writing as well as orally.
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise, and progress a high volume of complex issues to successful resolution.
- A collaborative team player who communicates openly and works with others in a seamless way
- Demonstrates passion and professionalism, approaching things in an enthusiastic way.
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.