As a Volkswagen Group technician working for the AA, you will use your specialist expertise and state-of-the-art technology along with VWG’s very own diagnostic equipment to ensure our prestige customers are back on the road safely and quickly.
You will be part of a dedicated team focused on delivering excellent customer service.
What will I be doing?
You’ll have the open road as your office. It’s not a 9 to 5, Monday to Friday job. We make sure that VWG customers and AA members receive the level of service required wherever they need it, whenever they need it. Because of this, you’ll be required to work shifts, which could include evenings, weekends and bank-holidays.
What do I need?
Are you the type of person who loves the freedom of working without direct supervision? Do you love helping people? And are you calm in a crisis? If you can answer a big yes to these questions and you are the kind of person that others warm to then this job could be for you.
You also need to have the following technical qualifications: an NVQ Level 2 (L3 advantageous) or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair and have current garage experience (preferably main dealer experience) with a familiarity of modern vehicle systems.
A good knowledge of electrical, fuel and ignition systems of vehicles is essential as is the proficient use of a multi meter and other garage diagnostic equipment. You will need to be familiar with operating computers as all our breakdown teams obtain technical information, guidance and work allocation through a roadside laptop computer.
Due to the nature of the work you will need to hold a full valid driving licence covering B or BE categories. If you don’t yet have the BE category, you’ll need to complete this before you begin – however we will fund this as part of your induction with us.
If this sounds like you and you have no more than six points on your licence then this could be the job for you. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applications if you have any Drink or Drug related endorsements shown on your driving licence.
This is what we can do for you:
- Your shift time starts and ends from your driveway, so you can say goodbye to time wasted on a commute.
- Our patrols get 167 hours annual leave a year, rising to 181 after five years and an extra 58 hours in lieu of bank holidays.
- The OTE is £42,000 – but you can make of it what you want.
- No more travel costs. You can stop watching the price of fuel, that’s now our problem – not yours!
- Say goodbye to paying for expensive work boots and tools; your uniform is all provided and you are provided with a fully kitted van with over £3,000 worth of tools. In addition, you will be working with the very latest diagnostic technology.
- With a comprehensive induction programme at our specialist training school, technical specialists within your team and a technical help desk at the end of the phone, you are given all the support you need to make sure you are ready for the road.
- Staff receive a 50% discount on breakdown cover, which is then free after your first year. Not that you need the cover, you are a first-class mechanic after all, but our discounts are also across a whole range of products and services.