Are you interested in helping the police improve the services provided to victims of crime? Are you over 18? Have you experienced a crime? Do you have a couple of hours to spare bi monthly? Could you have a positive impact?
Have you been the victim of…
- Criminal Damage
- Verbal Abuse
- Anti-Social Behaviour
- Car Theft
- Malicious communications
Cheshire Constabulary are interested in recruiting volunteers to join our Victims Services Improvement Panel.
- Help to improve the services offered to victims across the criminal justice system
- Help your local community
- Inform policy and procedure
- Influence local policing
- Help shape the way victims are supported
- Be looking and learning about different areas within the criminal justice system
- Get to see the criminal justice system in action
“As I am a victim of crime myself I thought I could use my experience and turn it into something positive by helping to improve the services that victims receive”. Panel Member
“Now I feel like part of a team” Panel Member
- Late afternoon and evening meetings bi monthly with opportunities to attend events and visits in between
- At locations across Cheshire
- Minimum 4 meetings
“As part of the panel we have had the chance to have input and change the Victim Information Pack as well as the letters they receive”. Panel Member
“Those that have been through similar experiences can truly understand how a person feels, and what can be done to improve and support that person, and can offer support”. Panel Member
“Despite the positive changes we have made there is still much to be done” Panel Member
I joined the Victim’s Service Improvement Panel as during my journey with the police I felt so comfortable and supported and wanted to help maintain this level of support –Panel Member
If you are interested in the vacancy please click here to access a questionnaire.
Once completed, please attach to your application.