We are investing significantly in our digital portfolio, and so have multiple opportunities available that will play a key role in transforming our digital customer journeys. You will join a growing team of talented designers and editors, working in a central London location. This role is a great opportunity to be involved in defining the future of a truly innovative, market-leading product and delivering a great experience for our customers across a spectrum of our products.
As a Digital Experience Designer, you will be responsible for the product, user experience and interface design of our services. You will work alongside, and collaborate with, other talented designers, editors, product owners and developers to deliver an excellent customer experience across all channels.
We are looking for dynamic and positive self starters with extensive UX/UI design experience with a strong storytelling ability to support with designing quality user journeys across app and web.
What will I be doing?
- Designing new features across customer journeys
- Optimising existing experiences to boost visitor engagement and conversion rate
- Validating designs with actionable data from a range of sources
- Contributing to style guides and design system
- Presenting designs and explaining rationale to senior stakeholders
- Working closely with editors to ensure that content is considered as part of the design process
- Working with developers to deliver best possible customer experience within OS guidelines
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in a similar UX/UI design role
- Proven success in designing digital customer journeys across app and web
- Demonstrable experience of problem definition and facilitating product discovery across multiple disciplines
- Strong storytelling skills
- Knowledge of lean approaches, working closely with optimisation specialists and data analysts to drive evidence-based decision making
- Demonstrable experience synthesising and visualising complex insights to drive alignment and decision-making
- Experience of conducting user testing
- Familiar with working in agile/scrum environments
- Comfortable with understanding and using data and customer feedback to guide design decisions
- Expertise using tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, AxureRP, InVision etc.
- Able to build prototypes to low or high fidelity depending on context
- Happy working at conceptual and detailed levels – adjusting techniques and approaches as necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues across the business
iterative and and user centred approach
- Capable of working at speed and under pressure to deliver regular updates to the app and website
- Positive elf-starter that takes the initiative and works well in closely-formed scrum teams
- Naturally collaborative approach
- Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.