Historic England are currently recruiting for a Training Adviser (Apprenticeships) to join us in delivering a professional programme of training for apprentices in response to the Historic England Corporate Plan and the Heritage Recovery Plan.
If you are looking for a role where you will be involved in crafting and coordinating practical training activities for the heritage apprenticeship programmes as well as having the opportunity to deliver learning in a variety of formats, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
Flexible on location – Based at one of our offices or home working.
What you will be doing:
- You will deliver learning in a variety of formats, identifying and supporting experienced speakers/trainers, handling day to day contractual arrangements with the main training provider, and supervising quality. You will evaluate training, prepare reports on impact, provide recommendations for the development and improvement of the programme and make links with other Historic England courses.
- You will work in close collaboration with a team of Training Delivery Advisers, each with their own training programme portfolio.
- You will be a member of the Heritage Apprentices Project Team, providing updates, reports and support in problem solving.
- You will be responsible for finding opportunities for future Historic England training provision on other apprenticeship standards and give innovative ideas for apprenticeship training management and delivery.
- You will have the opportunity to develop and deliver a programme of fully blended learning, deploying relevant pedagogies and engaging training techniques to ensure all learning styles are catered for; ensuring that best practice in online learning techniques is deployed, that training is accessible to all, and that there is continuous assessment for learning.
Who we are looking for:
- Significant experience in designing and delivering training courses, both online and face to face, setting clear learning outcomes and measuring the success of training.
- Proven understanding and application of project management techniques.
- Knowledge of current policy and guidance on apprenticeships particularly from Government sources, the Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education and the Education & Skills Funding Agency.
- Significant experience in crafting and delivering training courses, both online and face to face, setting clear learning outcomes and measuring the success of training.
- An understanding of further and higher education and the relationship to apprenticeships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively engage with a range of partners across a range of heritage specialisms.
- Ability to build and deliver online learning through webinars, and e-learning modules (using software such as Adobe Connect and Articulate Rise).
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you. Having just won the Gold Award from MIND, we also recognize the importance of a healthy work -life balance. We offer a wide benefits package including a competitive pension scheme, a generous 28 days holiday, corporate discounts, free entry into English Heritage sites across the county and development opportunities to ensure you achieve your goals.
Provisional interview date: w/c 26th April 2021
Supplementary documents: Job Description