Most people at some point in their lives will learn to drive and with over 2 million theory tests being taken each year this is a prominent service for our millions of customers. It is a unique chance for you to be part of a high-profile service and to make a real impact on road safety.
As our Theory Test Contract Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Senior Theory Test Contract Manager in the management of the theory test contract during the exit of the current contract and during the journey through to the mobilization of the new contract.
We will look to you to maintain the contract document set, along with working closely with both internal and external stakeholders to act as subject matter expert, to resolve conflicts ensuring continued compliance to contractual terms, and to draft and oversee the implementation of contact variations.
You’ll have line management responsibilities, leading and inspiring your team to deliver to objectives, as well as supporting their ongoing development allowing opportunities for individual growth and skill attainment.
This is your chance to play a key role in enabling us to deliver our vision to help everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Management of the master contract; ensuing that it is maintained and updated as required ensuring version controls are in place.
- Ensure that the obligations under the contract are met and updated in line with agreements and have been shared with all relevant stakeholders
- Act as subject matter expert when required and provide support to management during the exit of the current contract and during the journey through to the mobilisation of the new theory test contractual model.
- Liaise with relevant internal departments to ensure that internal and external customer needs are met and that these requirements are fully communicated throughout the business
- Ensure good relations and communications with all members of the team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers
- Communicate with all major stakeholders (internal and external) to achieve business objectives
- Execute management responsibilities effectively and in line with DVSA policies and processes; working with, leading and acting as a role model for team members and colleagues in line with Civil Service values.
- Determine and plan their team requirements, including allocating resources and prioritising activities, over the short to medium term by fully understanding the business environment in which the team operates, the overall team objectives, ensuring their team fully understands and works to these requirements.
- Support budget management including ensuring that purchase orders (PO) are raised and approved correctly, and ensure invoices are checked and paid promptly
For a more detailed insight into this role please refer to the role profile attached to this advert.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have recent and relevant experience of contract management
You will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to adapt and reflect your approach to diverse audiences, breaking down technical messages into understandable terms.
You enjoy continuous improvement, encouraging collaboration and using best practice methods of contract management with the ability to work alongside other business areas to identify, address and resolve issues, including implementation of changes.
You are dynamic with fantastic planning and organisational skills. You will have the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, often coordinating multiple and conflicting priorities to time and of a high standard.
If you are eager to use your skills and experience to take up the challenge of supporting the management of the current contract during the journey to the exit of the current contract and through to the mobilization of the new contract, then we would love to hear from you!
Location – Any DVSA admin location with requirement to attend Nottingham, East Midlands, NG1 6LP, four times a month.
You may be required to undertake occasional travel to other DVSA locations, or to visit the supplier’s sites, which may require overnight accommodation. This is estimated to be twice a month.
You will be a member of MCIPS or, will be working towards; or have recent evidence of experience within contract management
If you are fully qualified MCIPS you will receive an additional allowance of £3,000 per year. If you are partly qualified you will receive an additional allowance of £1,000 per year.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We’re an innovative organisation that values professional expertise and invests in all our people. We champion inclusive and diverse teams, ensuring we have the skills required to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future, meeting the needs of the people who use our services.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities and benefits of working at DVSA visit our Careers website.
Diversity: Our vision is to support and develop everyone who chooses to work for us, our passion for diversity and equality ensures we create a positive working culture for all employees that is friendly, welcoming, respectful and full of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Member of or working towards MCIPS (Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply)
Or evidence of experience within contract management
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Cabinet Office Commercial Skills and Competency Framework – Section 3 (1-5) Post Award Contract and Supplier Management – Developing Level: Transition to contract and supplier relationship management
- Cabinet Office Commercial Skills and Competency Framework – Section 3 (1-5) Post Award Contract and Supplier Management – Developing Level: Contract administration
- Cabinet Office Commercial Skills and Competency Framework – Section 3 (1-5) Post Award Contract and Supplier Management – Developing Level: Contract Performance Management
- Cabinet Office Commercial Skills and Competency Framework – Section 3 (1-5) Post Award Contract and Supplier Management – Developing Level: Supplier relationship and performance management
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
To learn more about life as an employee of the DVSA visit our Careers website.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Strengths, Experience and Technical skills.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
The Civil Service Nationality Rules has been updated following the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union. The new rules will come into effect on 1st January 2021. We urge people from the EU, European Economic Area and Switzerland to be familiar with the updated Nationality rules prior to applying for this role.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, you will need to submit a CV and Personal Statement. When considering your experience, please tailor your Personal Statement to provide evidence of your:
- Experience of managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and ability to work alongside other business areas to identify, address and resolve issues, including implementation of changes.
- Experience of identifying and understanding how to use contractual terms and requirements to gain continued compliance, e.g. use of SLA’s, KPI’s, procedures.
- Experience of contract administration such as updating and maintaining a contract document set.
- Experience in or involvement with contract budget management
The sift is due to take place from 2nd February 2021.
Interview/assessment will be held w/c 15th February 2021.
This interview could be conducted via a video interview, details of which will be provided to you should you be selected for interview.
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment could include:
• an interview and assessment
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
Please see attached candidate notes for further information about our recruitment process.
The Department for Transport recruits using Success Profiles. For each role, we consider what you need to demonstrate to be successful.
This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
You can read more about Success Profiles here visit our Careers website.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the ‘Contact point for applicants’ section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UKs
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Clare Fotheringham
Email : email@example.com
Recruitment team :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
Related Jobs (21)
Senior Manager – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion on February 26, 2021 Full Time
Senior Manager, Vocational and Technical Qualifications Policy on February 25, 2021 Fixed Term Permanent