As a TFM Compliance Manager, you will help to manage the Total Facilities Management (TFM) contractor and their subcontractors in accordance with the strategic and day to day requirements of the DVSA estate to ensure compliance with contractual obligations under the terms of the DFT New Engineering Contract (NEC3) contract.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Execute management responsibilities effectively working with, leading and acting as a role model for team members and colleagues in line with Civil Service values.
- Determine and plan the team requirements, including allocating resources and prioritising activities, over the short to medium term by fully understanding the business environment in which the team operates.
- Demonstrate leadership by providing mentorship to staff to support the delivery of objectives. Lead and engage with honesty and integrity, while upholding the reputation of the Agency, Department and Civil Service.
- Work in collaboration with other managers across all functions for the good of DVSA and to build a high performing and well respected Agency.
- Be responsible for the efficient running of the building management teams in some of the main buildings.
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety compliance including facilitating Incident Control and fire warden provision including input into risk assessments and business continuity plans.
- Liaise with other teams and associated building responsibility including landlords.
- Handle and manage the programme of TFM compliance visits as agreed with line management
- Be an escalation point following compliance visits or emails in relation to the TFM contract.
- Host regular meetings with the contractor to discuss and tackle issues and services.
- Collaborate with TFM contractor management, Estates and Operational colleagues to ensure contract compliance.
- Drafting of Service Manager Instructions, contractual communications under CEMAR.
- Assisting with the TFM Contract Inbox when required.
For more information about the role and responsibilities please refer to the candidate pack attached.
We are looking for someone with knowledge and experience of Contract Management.
Your excellent customer service skills enable you to deliver high quality service at all times to both internal and external customers and partners.
You are a motivated, self starter who flourishes when setting own priorities and taking responsibility for your own and the team’s performance.
You have excellent communication skills and can deliver information optimally, even to a difficult audience, while remaining professional.
If you enjoy working with your own initiative and eager to take up the challenge of delivering our contract compliance we would love to hear from you!
The role involves extensive travel and regular overnight stays across a large geographical area in the North of the UK. We can only accept applications from candidates who are based in North regions of the UK, this is due to the amount of travelling required based across the North of the UK.
If successful you will be appointed your office base dependant on your location, this will be your nearest DVSA office. You will need to hold a full or be working towards holding a clean category B driving licence.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads. We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
We’re an innovative organisation that values professional expertise. We invest in our people and champion inclusive and diverse teams. And we make sure colleagues have the skills to meet the needs of Britain’s road users.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities and benefits of working at DVSA visit our Careers website.
Diversity: Our vision is to support and develop everyone who chooses to work for us. We care deeply about diversity and equality. And we create a positive culture that’s friendly, welcoming, respectful and full of opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Full Valid UK Driving Licence or working towards
- Knowledge of NEC3 Term Service Contract
- Willingness to work towards IWFM (BIFM qualification)
- Willingness and completion of IOSH within the first year
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
To learn more about life as an employee of the DVSA visit our Careers website.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Strengths and Experience.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
The Civil Service Nationality Rules has been updated following the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union. The new rules will come into effect on 1st January 2021. We urge people from the EU, European Economic Area and Switzerland to be familiar with the updated Nationality rules prior to applying for this role.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
How to Apply
When considering your experience, please tailor your CV/Personal Statement to provide evidence of the below:
• Your excellent customer service and communication skills
• Your good time management skills
• Your good leadership skills
• Your can-do attitude
• Your experience/Knowledge of Contract Management
The sift is due to take place from 29th January 2021
Interviews/assessments are likely to be held from 15th February 2021
This interview could be conducted via a video interview, details of which will be provided to you should you be selected for interview.
We’ll try to meet the dates we’ve set out in the advert. But there may be occasions when these dates will change. We’ll give you plenty of notice of any important dates.
We’ve designed the selection process specifically for this role. So your assessment could include:
- an interview
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
Please see attached candidate notes for further information about our recruitment process.
The Department for Transport recruits using Success Profiles. For each role, we consider what you need to demonstrate to be successful.
This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
You can read more about Success Profiles here visit our Careers website.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the ‘Contact point for applicants’ section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UKs
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Simon Hobbs
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment team :
Email : email@example.com
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission