We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burtons we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 377,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
We are looking for dedicated and passionate team players to join our ever-expanding workforce and are in need of a number of Machine Operators to join us on a full-time basis, working rotating shift patterns of 6am to 2pm, 2pm – 10pm and 10pm to 6am.
If interested then please apply online, you will need a CV and will have to complete a short online application form.
Role & Responsibilities
- Operating high speed wrapping machines and checkweighers.
- Checking codes and completion of daily production documentation.
- Maintenance of hygiene and housekeeping standards and ‘clean as you go’ procedures.
- Maintenance of quality standards procedures.
- Maintenance of Health and Safety standard
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with preferably production experience.
- Should have flexibility for a number of lines – training will be provided
- Applicants need to be numerate/ literate/ flexible/ self-motivated/ good problem-solving abilities/ ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record.
- Awareness of health & safety and food safety / hygiene requirements.
- Experience of operating wrapping / bagging machines desirable.
We are growing and currently have many roles available at all levels. Please contact us if you would like to discuss other roles including Area Support Manager, Shift Operations Manager and Machine/Packing Operators.
Why are you still reading the advert? APPLY NOW!