- Salary Range Competitive
- Job Level Management
- INDUSTRY SECTOR Law
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solution for every client.
As a full service law firm, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the USA providing legal advice to clients across its company commercial, human resources, litigation and dispute management, and real estate practices.
With 67 offices across 34 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
The team work together to provide a service to the whole of the Eversheds Sutherland international network and liaise with key stakeholders in offices around the globe. An important aspect of the role will be understanding cultural differences and influencing others which can include senior lawyers.
- Manage a group of analysts, specific duties include:
- manage resource;
- monitor performance;
- organise and lead quarterly catch ups;
- record and monitor absence
- First point of escalation, handle complex queries
- Audit the team’s work
- Provide training to new starters and ongoing training to existing team members
- Conduct and analyse conflict checks within predefined service levels
- Develop a working relationship with the legal teams and practice groups to determine best practices
- Complete periodic reviews of team processes
- Provide assistance to the wider Risk team in dealing with routine queries
- Provide ongoing support to departmental projects
Skills and experience:
- Displays high standards of professional and personal conduct.
- Gathers and understands all relevant facts from a variety of sources before making a decision.
- Identifies issues across a range of situations and uses initiative to resolve.
- Remains calm and professional even at times of increased workload and pressure
- Responds positively to change and new challenges.
- Applies logical thinking and demonstrates ability to prioritise.
- Gathers and accepts feedback in order to develop within role.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others, establishing and maintaining positive working relationships.
- Constructively shares feedback to support colleagues.
- Confidently contributes in discussions relating to own area of work.
- Assigns work to meet agreed service delivery levels and where applicable, is a good supervisor and manages team appropriately.
- Demonstrates a commercial approach.
- Identifies and proactively escalates examples of unnecessary expenditure and waste.
- Broad understanding of law firm financials.
- Consistently achieves high levels of client service and establishes themselves as a key contact.
- Takes ownership and asks probing questions to understand the client requirements and manages their expectations appropriately.
- Considers the impact of their decisions and actions on wider service delivery and raises areas for further consideration.
- Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement.
Strategic value and knowledge
- Applies specialist knowledge and maintains awareness of developments in area of expertise.
- Contributes ideas that are well considered and aligned to team or firm strategy
- Documents knowledge to support the wider team and ensure continuity of service.
- Develops knowledge and skills by pursuing opportunities to take on further responsibilities.
- Proactively seeks out information; manages workload effectively; understands how their role impacts on the big picture.