The Student Records and Funding Officer is responsible for assisting with the reporting of attendance and registration data confirmed to the Student Loans Company (SLC) including registration confirmations, attendance confirmations and change of circumstances returns. The post holder is required to maintain students’ records from acceptance of offer to conferment of award and to ensure this data in communicated to SLC.
They will also work closely with student advisers, personal tutors and other internal stakeholders to assist in the resolution of student queries.
- Auditing the validity of the offers made by the Admissions Department to prospective students.
- Liaising with the Admissions Department on the academic criteria on which offers of admission are based.
- Reporting any departure from agreed criteria in the offer of admission.
- Communicating key matriculation requirements to staff and students.
- The proactive management of the matriculation process, ensuring all necessary documentation is produced within deadlines to meet the requirements of the programme, Home Office and validating bodies and reporting to the Assistant Registrar (Student Records and Funding) any discrepancies in matriculation information.
- Identifying any outstanding documentation requirements and validating them where possible.
- Monitoring and processing changes to the student record from staff, faculty and other departments within the University.
- Maintaining an accurate, central record of information relating to students including personal details, attendance, identification and qualifications documentation, correspondence etc and any changes to registration details.
- The accurate monitoring, management and reporting of interruptions of study, transfers, suspensions and withdrawals.
- The monitoring and reporting of student attendance to the relevant Deans of School and Directors of Programmes and external bodies, including the UKVI, BSB, Student Loans Company etc.
Department: Registry Operations – Student Records
- Knowledge of Student Loans Company Procedures and Services
- Knowledge of the Higher Education Sector
- Administrative experience, preferably in the education sector
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to successfully multi-task
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proactive, with the ability to work within a team
- Self-motivated with an ability to thrive under pressure
- Customer-focused with the ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally the candidate will be educated to a degree level – however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered
- Experience of working with the Student Loans Company to administrate student funding
- Knowledge of Tier 4 immigration legislation with regards to enrolment and attendance
- Knowledge of Banner or a similar student information system
- Experience of working with a recognised Student Records Database
- Experience of working with/adapting to change