As the SQL Data Analyst for the Driving School, you will be supporting the ongoing enhancement of the data warehouse including the design and implementation of an ETL solution. Critical thinker and detail orientated, whose focus will be on ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data.
What will I be doing?
- Data warehouse design and implementation: support in the design and delivery of a new data warehouse that will serve as the source of truth for all subsequent reporting layers. Post-delivery, will take ownership of ongoing maintenance and support
- Design and implement ETL abstraction layer: support the design and implementation of a new ETL abstraction layer built in SSIS that will handle the upstream and downstream data feeds. For complex data solutions, implement robust exception reporting to surface data integrity and consistency errors
- Integrate with Semantic Models: deliver a solution that will supply data to the semantic models on a scheduled basis that will satisfy real-time, historical and data streaming requirements
- Define and document a data dictionary: implement a tool that will be used to document and catalogue the data warehouse including ERD diagrams. Be responsible for ongoing change management and version control
- Query writing: collaborate with Power Platform analyst to construct T-SQL statements to deliver required data extracts to be used in respective data models / bespoke reports
- Planning and delivery: provide timely updates to the BI manager on initial and ongoing delivery, progress, slippage, risks, issues and quality such as peer reviews. Share lessons learned with the wider BI team providing feedback as required
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven hand-on experience working with SQL Server 2012+, minimum of 12 months
- Proficient working with SSIS or equivalent ETL tool
- Comprehensive knowledge of T-SQL, can demonstrate the ability to write complex queries such as MERGE, Windowed functions etc
- Experienced in reading execution plans, identifying slow performing queries and implementing row and column store indexes to improve performance
- Strong knowledge base in data warehouse methodologies and best practice
- Strong experience in Excel
- API consumption e.g. REST API
- Experience using the Power Platform E.g. Power BI, Power Apps etc
- Experience working within the Azure environment, focussing on Data Bricks, Data Factory and Azure SQL Database
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra etc)
- Motivated, self-learner who can work with a degree of autonomy when needed
- Hungry to learn
- Enjoys working with agile methodologies
- Ability to manage workload across multiple workstreams and deliverables
- Planning horizon 0-6 months, personal utilisation / availability 4-6 weeks
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability and influence when required
- Ability to think latterly and see connections between behaviours and trends in business information alongside ongoing operational and strategic objectives
- Strong analytical problems skills and able to comfortably multitask
- Build effective relationships and communicate with tech and business units and BAU service areas
- Keep abreast of updates and enhancements to SQL Server and T-SQL
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
Related Jobs (10)
Marketing Data Scientist – Placement Year (Start: July 2021) on December 10, 2020 Internship