The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and server-less solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital!
Roles Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Performing architecture services to continuous improvement functions in order to help optimise digital & cloud first operational services.
- Provide a credible, comprehensive, up-to-date, approved and easy to navigate DVSA-wide architecture information repository that ensures key stakeholders responsible for solution designs have a good understanding of the DVSA technology capabilities, practices, policies, standards and strategies.
- Advise on architecture governance processes, application designs and technologies and perform evaluations of architecture design submissions through architecture governance processes for compliance including identifying and documenting dispensations, key design decisions, and capability gaps.
You will also have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
- Experience of performing the role of Solution Architect, Senior Developer, or Senior Analyst.
- Experience of code development and or design in an enterprise class language (Java, .net etc).
- Experience of working with Service Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, DBAs on complex problem solving and solutions development.
- Demonstrable production of high quality written and visual material to communicate complex concepts and logical solutions for technical and non-technical audiences.
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.