We welcome applications from every part of the community. We’re particularly interested to hear from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic people, women, disabled people and those who identify as LGBT+. We believe everyone is involved in making DVSA an inclusive and great place to work.
Could your software skills help keep millions of people safe every year?
Want to join an innovative team using the latest technology to create award-winning products?
Got a proven track record in developing and implementing software packages?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
#HereForYou #Nottingham #Digital #Software #Developer #Hiring #NewStart
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Building digital services and software solutions to serve a variety of user needs
• Implementing APIs for internal and external use
• Building a robust, automated test suite to support a Continuous Development environment
• Reusing of code from across government / open source platforms
• Working with service/product managers to define service roadmaps
• Taking part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms
Please see the attached Job Description for an in-depth view of the post.
You will have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
• Proven experience of delivering successful development outcomes in comparable digital transactional services using agile methodologies, version control, and DevOps
• Experience of coaching and mentoring individual developers to work within an Agile delivery framework and meet quality and delivery measures, planning and co-ordinating work within the Agile team structure
• Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques, and share knowledge with peers and juniors
• Understanding of software design principles
• A systematic approach to solving technical problems
• Ability to negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders effectively, articulating complex technical matters to non-technical stakeholders
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
For more info on our digital transformation, head over to ourBlog andLinkedIn .
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
We’re an organisation that values professional expertise. We work in inclusive and diverse teams. Meeting the needs of the people who use our services runs through everything we do.
We have exciting plans for the next 5 years to continue making our roads safer. Join us on our journey and help us to save lives.
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our ‘one team’ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and that’s why we’re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
You’ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and communities, including individuals who identify as female, male, trans, non-binary, disabled, black, Asian or minority ethnic etc.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Developing Self and Others
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Digital Resourcing Partner
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment team :
Email : email@example.com
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
20190212 Candidate Notes attachment Opens in new window (pdf, 838kB)
20190212 Personal Statement and CV – Guidance for Candidates Opens in new window (pdf, 1334kB)
Software Developer DVSA Role Profile Opens in new window (pdf, 236kB)