We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their c.$200 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive business.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This increases our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
As a result, we now have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description about the role we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
So let’s start with ….…
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
We don’t want to bore you with just a Job description – we want to tell you what it’s really like to work for us?
Why work as part of our Operations Team?
You will have responsibility for delivery of the production plan over a 12 month period, supporting, managing and driving improvement plans, CI initiatives, budget and resources to deliver the overall Edinburgh site improvement strategy and in particular performance of lines within area. Some key responsibilities will include:
- Operate within a site Management team to achieve KPI targets for production lines e.g. (safety, waste, efficiency, overpack/giveaway, machine uptime, conformance to plan, etc.)
- Assist in implementing plans as agreed with the Site Operations Lead- to support, manage and drive improvement plans, CI initiatives and organise resources to deliver the overall Edinburgh site improvement strategy.
- Management of employees including line leaders to ensure optimum utilization of plant, people, process and materials and achievement of KPI’s within your designated area.
- Lead and drive agreed change programmes.
- Promote and practice through personal example behaviours consistent with the Company vision and mission. Provide guidance, support, and leadership to others in working to these values.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Previous experience working as a Shift Operations Manager or similar, or an experienced Line Lead looking to further develop.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills – be passionate about people and their development.
- IOSH, with an strong appreciation of H&S
- Ideally you will a Food Safety / Hygiene Qualification, but this isn’t essential has happy to consider people outside of the food / drink sector.
- Ideally candidates will have a manufacturing excellence qualification / or be Lean Sigma Green Belt certified etc. This training can be provided for the right candidate.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fun, fast paced and progressive business then we have the opportunity for you!!
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.
You may have experience of the following: Manufacturing Team Leader, Shift Operations Manager, Line Lead, Shift Team Leader, Manufacturing Supervisor, Production Site Team Leader, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Shift Manager, Food Manufacturing, Production Shift Supervisor, FMCG, Food Production, Shift Lead etc.
Related Jobs (10)
International Account Manager – Leading Food Manufacture on April 14, 2021 Full Time
Customer Service Analyst / Graduate (Supply Chain / FMCG) on April 13, 2021 Fixed Term Full Time Graduate
CI Facilitator / Assistant Continuous Improvement Manager on April 9, 2021 Full Time Permanent
Category Manager (Food FMCG – Leading Category Manufacturer) on April 7, 2021 Full Time