- Job Reference 42814
- SALARY & BENEFITS £30,131
- Job Level Higher Executive Officer
Do you love building great working relationships?
Are you experienced in IT service management?
If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you to successfully take on the role of a Service Delivery Manager.
You will be responsible for managing service suppliers, ensuring that they deliver value and achieve their Service Level Agreements (SLAs). It is important that you have excellent interpersonal skills as you will be manging your own account, providing support and guidance to suppliers to ensure that the agency meets delivery requirements.
You will play a key part in managing the health of our IT systems, it will be your responsibility to ensure the Agency’s IT strategy is followed. You will be the focal point for the services provided by the internal or external IT service providers for which you are responsible. You will need to be able to collaborate well with others to assist the broader success of the IT function.
- Managing the proactive monitoring, assessment and delivery of service supplier performance against SLAs, using negotiating and influencing skills to ensure business and user needs are met appropriately and on time
- Providing user advice on processes, SLAs and general ICT queries, input to FOIs, requests for information and IA audits as needed
- Conducting functional and financial approval of ICT related purchases
- Supporting the Agency’s IT strategy by working to provide software and hardware solutions to meet business needs.
- Ensuring that the most efficient solution is sought and the best value for money achieved
- Mapping existing and proposed processes, illustrating and annotating as required
Please see role profile for full list of responsibilities
There will be occasional travel to other DVSA offices around the UK, this may require overnight stays.
We encourage candidates to apply if you have ITIL Foundation V3 (or later)
We are seeking a highly organised individual with superb time management skills. You will have the ability to prioritise and multi-task, ensuring the agency meets tight deadlines. You will need to bring with you your good communication skills, being able to tailor your communication style to suit your audience.
You will have a passion for Information Technology, with the desire to broaden and improve your current knowledge and skills.
Your experience of providing guidance and robust recommendations to stakeholders will bring your interpersonal engagement skills into play. You’ll be someone who naturally builds relationships whilst influencing and challenging at all levels. You will need to be someone who can thrive in a varied environment, adapting to change positively and encouraging others to do the same.