We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Reporting directly to the Digital Content Lead, you’ll join a team of passionate Digital Content Editors.
Working closely with the SEO team, you’ll help to drive our in-house SEO strategy forward by creating new content and optimising existing areas of the website.
You’ll be an experienced and confident copywriter, editor and content producer who loves words and can spot a typo at 20 paces. You’ll deliver brilliant, on-brand digital content across a variety of topics that engages and delights. And you’ll always have our customers in mind – from making the technical stuff simple, to making our membership compelling. You’ll have an appreciation of how data can inform content, a firm grasp of SEO best practice and tools, and a thorough understanding of how great copy is vital to SEO campaigns and improving conversion rates.
You’ll be responsible for writing engaging content and articles that support SEO campaigns across our website; improving UX content on key product pages; and producing copy for CRO (conversion rate optimisation) tests – a key digital initiative. You’ll also contribute creative ideas and content to outreach campaigns, working closely with our PR team and external agencies – so you’ll need to be a confident communicator and great at building working relationships with stakeholders.
What will I be doing?
- Write and edit copy in line with our brand, tone of voice and house style guidelines and our content strategy
- Work across multiple projects, using your knowledge to develop outstanding content across all digital channels and push creative boundaries
- Produce content from scratch as part of ongoing SEO campaigns for key AA products and online audiences, supported by the SEO function
- Work collaboratively with the wider design team, including UI/UX designers, to create user-focused copy and seamless customer journeys
- Produce copy for CRO split-tests and assist with the best practice for clarifying a proposition, writing persuasive copy, and writing for a mobile-first approach
- Build and edit content pages in CMS Sitecore
- Optimise existing content in line with best SEO practices, targeting key online audiences
- Present content to stakeholders, incorporating feedback and being an advocate for our content principles
- Carry out user research to inform content decisions
- Work with PR team and external agencies to contribute ideas and content for outreach campaigns
- Opportunity to contribute concepts/ideas to content calendars across SEO and content marketing activity
- Know and understand the KPIs for the department, and use them when you’re creating content
What do I need?
- At least 3 years’ experience as a copywriter or editor creating content for websites and/or apps
- Experienced at writing high-quality, engaging copy that’s mobile-first and optimised for SEO
- Experienced in tackling briefs and following marketing brand guidelines, copy decks, TOV guidelines/style guides when creating new or re-purposing old content
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a meticulous attention to detail when proofreading your own or another editor’s work
Have a results-focused and strategic approach to your work, with an appreciation of how data and insight should influence copy
- Conversant in Sitecore CMS or equivalent CMS systems
- Confident writing UX copy; familiar with user journeys, wireframes, transactional content
- Excellent MS Office and Adobe Acrobat experience
- Familiar with keyword research techniques and tools to understand user search behavior (desirable)
- Familiarity with the principles of CRO, split-testing, and site optimisation
- Understanding of on-page SEO content tactics to improve a page’s ability to rank (desirable)
- Strong grounding in digital content marketing and/or experience working directly with PR and creative agencies, with an understanding of how wider marketing strategies apply to creating content (desirable)
- Familiar with working in agile/scrum environments (desirable)
- Experience of working with JIRA (desirable)
- Experience using Google Analytics to inform and improve content and conversion (desirable)
Education and qualifications:
- University degree desirable
- Self-starter that takes the initiative and works well in teams
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and can communicate on all levels including director level
- An eagerness to learn and develop
- Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration