We welcome applications from every part of the community. We’re particularly interested to hear from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic people, women, disabled people and those who identify as LGBT+. We believe everyone is involved in making DVSA an inclusive and great place to work’
Are you an effective communicator with a talent for engaging a multi levelled audience?
Do you have a passion for delivering strategies which will improve talent and capability across the business?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Senior Talent and Capability Manager, you will deliver DVSA’s talent, capability and succession strategies to enable delivery of the agencies 5 year plan.
This role promotes cross government professions frameworks, develops internal career pathways and strengthens management capability while implementing and developing talent and capability interventions to establish continuous improvement. It also actively supports the identification and implementation of vital workforce skills for the future work within the Agency.
The successful candidate will support the Head of Talent and Capability, giving an oversight of critical roles and co-ordinating potential development and learning opportunities and providing subject matter expertise for talent across the Directorates.
• Build strong and positive relationships with Directorates while gaining understanding of their strategic priorities and future requirements.
• Implement talent plans while ensuring consistency and ownership of succession plans. Own the approach for managing business critical roles, providing expert guidance on career and development frameworks
• Ensure talent strategies align to DVSA, DfT and Civil Service diversity and inclusion objectives and goals.
• Review and own ongoing development of the DVSA approach for new joiners (induction/on-boarding) and exit processes in the Agency.
• Work with Directorates to ensure a consistent approach to assessing the levels of talent in DVSA and identifying immediate and long term areas of required capabilities where gaps exist.
• Liaise with peers in talent and link across Departments and providers to support the agencies talent strategy. Represent DVSA and influence policies and practices,
• Work with the Training and Development team on commissioning design and delivery of learning and development solutions that address DVSA’s capability requirements, while ensuring standards for all core groups are understood and coordinated in the solutions they offer in-house or through civil service learning.
• Provide clear guidance on the responsibilities of talent and capability, HR and line managers undertaking talent management, succession planning and capability development.
For further information, please see the role profile attached.
We are looking for someone with experience of talent and capability development within an organisation.
As a confident communicator, you have excellent engagement skills which enables you to build lasting relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from all levels.
You have a good awareness of professional capability and can easily identify areas which can be improved and enhanced to achieve the required outcome.
Your previous experience has given you a strong initiative which directs you in your approach to shaping the future of the design and delivery of talent and capability management.
This post is a fixed term appointment for 12 months with the potential to be made permanent if required.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
We’re an organisation that values professional expertise. We work in inclusive and diverse teams. Meeting the needs of the people who use our services runs through everything we do.
We have exciting plans for the next 5 years to continue making our roads safer. Join us on our journey and help us to save lives.
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our ‘one team’ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and that’s why we’re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
You’ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and communities, including individuals who identify as female, male, trans, non binary, disabled, black, Asian or minority ethnic etc.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Cara McMahon
Email : cara.McMahon@dvsa.gov.uk
Recruitment team :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
Candidate Guidance for CV and Personal Statement Opens in new window (pdf, 405kB)
Candidate Notes Opens in new window (pdf, 823kB)
Role Profile Opens in new window (docx, 778kB)
Related Jobs (15)
HEO Business Analysts / SEO Senior Business Analysts on October 16, 2020 Full TimePart Time
Executive Director for Children & LA Company Chief Executive on October 14, 2020 Permanent