Thinking about your next step? Think about The Open University
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Support Services Assistant who will play an important role in supporting OU in Scotland staff. This is an office-based post that forms part of the Support Services team which provides a wide range of infrastructure services and staff support in areas such as People Services, Estates, Finance, IT, as well as the organisation of our graduation ceremonies in Scotland. This post will share line manager responsibility to three Support Services Assistants.
Skills and experience
- Strong IT skills, ability to set-up and troubleshoot various IT hardware and software, as well as managing the day to day IT related queries from staff who are based in the office and also those still currently working from home.
- Able to communicate effectively, with empathy, by phone and in writing.
- Commitment to providing a first-class service to staff and visitors.
- Experience of working positively and effectively with others.
- Able to receive and process information quickly and accurately under time pressure.
- Well-developed skills in organising self, and others.
- Well-developed skills in people management.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, equality and diversity.
You will need to have strong IT, telephone, and written communication skills, be committed to providing a first-class support service for staff and be able to multi-task, deal with a wide range of queries, and work with clashing deadlines. In addition, you will be able to work fast and accurately and be resilient under pressure, while working as part of our close-knit team.
What you get in return
We have a strong commitment to providing training and development in and beyond your current role. We also offer a great range of benefits that support our employees and their families for the long term.
How to apply
All applications are completed online via the OU Job’s page by registering and clicking the “APPLY NOW” link. Applications submitted via 3rd party websites will not be considered.
Access details for disabled applicants are available from The Open University in Scotland by emailing Resourcing-Hub@open.ac.uk, quoting the vacancy reference above.
To apply for this role please submit the following:
- A personal statement that clearly identifies how you meet the criteria in the person specification. Please ensure that you provide relevant examples as evidence to support your statements. The selection panel will consider how well the information you provide demonstrates that you meet the criteria in the person specification.
To ensure that your file is uploaded to our system correctly, please make sure your document is saved with the following file name as appropriate to the vacancy you are applying for: ‘Senior Support Services Assistant’, surname, first initial.
Remember to attach your CV and Personal statement as ONE DOCUMENT.
You will receive updates regarding your application from Resourcing-Hub@open.ac.uk Please ensure this email address is added to your list of trusted senders. Please also keep an eye on your junk folder to ensure you do not miss any important updates regarding this role.
You can view your application communications on the Candidate portal.
If you have any queries relating to the recruitment process, please email Resourcing-Hub@open.ac.uk quoting the vacancy reference number.
Closing date: 5pm on 28th January 2022
Interview date: Week of 14th February 2022
Find out more about The Open University and our mission by watching this short video on YouTube.
We value diversity and we recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge, and culture, and that this difference brings great strength.