- Job Reference 32870
- SALARY & BENEFITS Salary: £37,803 - £41,585 (depending on skills and experience).
- Job Level Senior Executive Officer
Are you an experienced designer familiar with working in a delivery-focused, Agile environment?
Are you excelling in your current role and looking to challenge yourself in a new, exciting workspace?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Roles Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Overseeing service design across multiple projects
- Development of user-facing features ensuring technical feasibility of UI/UX designs in line with GDS guidelines
- Taking the lead on front-end development work
- Working with the development team, contributing service design input to ensure software design and development service is orientated
- Working with the wider organisation, ensuring that the UX community has an identity and can clearly demonstrate the value that it adds
You will also have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
- Front-end development experience
- Experienced in a previous similar role with responsibility for service design elements
- Awareness / experience of defining service design approaches including methodologies and deliverables
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
- Developing Self and Others
- Communicating and Influencing
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- DDaT Framework – User Centred Design: Service Designer
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits.
– a generous annual leave entitlement,
– attractive pension options,
– flexible working,
– good career development opportunities,
– a variety of career paths,
– inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.