The AA has ambitious growth plans for its Consumer businesses and the CRM team is core to delivering them. This includes owning the Smart Benefit programme and defining the AA’s Group-wide approach to loyalty, as well as working closely with each P&L to understand the opportunities for enhancing P&L-specific loyalty programmes, such as the existing Roadside membership loyalty tiers. This role is accountable for the development of the Membership strategy to deliver improvement in new business and retention and develop opportunities for cross-sell supporting the transformation objectives.
Fixed Term Contract – 9months
What will I be doing?
- Define and deliver the membership proposition to increase the perceived value of membership & increase customer loyalty.
- Manage membership customer research (qual and quant) to gain insight into customer needs and motivations and shape the definition of who is a Member.
- Set the membership proposition strategy and recommend benefits for each level of membership ensuring clear differentiation and incentives to optimise retention. Work closely with product and CVM teams to integrate with product benefits and delivery.
- Oversee all in-life inbound and outbound marketing communication strategy to Members and deliver engaging, relevant communications for Welcome, In-life and Post Breakdown Member journeys.
- Define the membership experience across internal (call centre, patrols) and external communications channel (membership packs, online experience, monthly newsletter)
- Work across the AA business to ensure compelling, exclusive Membership propositions are delivered across the wider AA product and service portfolio.
- Build & maintain relationships with existing hero partners to deliver better benefits to our Members
- Focus on increasing the data exchange between partners and the AA to provide insight on the most valued smart benefit partners
- Negotiate with partners to ensure added value and exclusive benefits and offers are available to AA Members.
- Evaluate existing partners and benefits, recommend new partnerships and terminate non-performing partnerships/propositions.
- Produce new communications to increase awareness and engagement of Members with the membership proposition using redemption data
- Set and report on key membership KPIs (usage, awareness of benefits/offers, engagement and comms effectiveness and savings)
- Develop and deliver a plan to actively use smart benefits redemption benefits into renewal journey (Stay AA/Invites)
- Manage and coach a team of 3 along with external and in-house agency management
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience in CRM, managing customer contact and relationship strategy and associated operations, ideally in an organisation with some concept of membership level, loyalty, customer tiering, or similar.
- An experienced campaign manager with experience of owning campaigns to market – both online and offline.
- Experienced in supplier and partner management and budgetary control, having worked closely with procurement teams and having actively managed marketing agencies against demonstrable KPIs & ROI
- Passionate about CRM and how to engage customers keeping up to date with latest thinking and activity
- An insight led thinker who understands the value of data, analytics and research
- Good commercial acumen – with a broad understanding of the levers that impact revenue, profitability and pricing.
- Experience working in subscription businesses and a regulated sector is an advantage
- Embraces The AA Values of: courtesy, care, collaboration, expertise, dynamism
- Good initiative, resilient and delivery orientated
- Works effectively with others, building productive, collaborative relationships across departments and with third parties
- Articulate and persuasive, able to inspire and engage others around their vision
- Highly customer-oriented
- Ambitious and driven – with a desire to learn
- A natural leader – takes ownership, is proactive and inspires people to deliver their best
- A good influencer with experience of matrix management who can achieve results through others, and deliver through third parties
- An open-mindedness to new ideas, insights and opportunities from all sources
Education and Qualifications:
- Strong educational background – likely to include degree or Marketing qualification with strong experience