We are building a forward thinking, ambitious and dynamic Customer Acquisition team looking to put service, innovation and data at the heart of the AA and make Britain’s driving life simpler and smarter. If you are looking for a role where you can really make a difference and be part of a really exciting journey this could be the role for you!
Commercial Team Context
Consumer breakdown cover is at the heart of the AA’s product offering and delivers 80-85% of the Group’s revenue and EBITDA, which is generated by the B2C Commercial team. The commercial team therefore have a big responsibility to sustain the performance of the Group. However, the Commercial team is also responsible for the Group strategy and leading the vision to become the membership organisation for all UK drivers throughout their driving lives, and in so doing diversifying revenue streams and driving greater life time value for the business. It’s an exciting time to be part of the Commercial team.
This is the job
As Senior Marketing Manager (Product) you will lead the marketing for the AA’s ‘driver’ products and services, including Smart Care (MoTs, Services, Diagnostics), Assist Products (Battery Assist etc.) and Smart Breakdown. This includes developing the strategies, marketing plans and test approaches.
These products form a key part of the AA’s future growth strategy and the role works in close collaboration with the Director of Acquisition, the Chief Commercial Officer, the Head of Products as well as the PR, Group Brand and Group Products and Customer Experience teams, as well as the Network / Operations teams.
What will I be doing?
- Develop the marketing strategies for Smart Care, Assist Products and Smart Breakdown products and services to achieve the AA’s commercial and marketing goals.
- Collaborate with the Brand and PR teams to ensure their strategies support the growth and plans for these products.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Acquisition to define the 3-year and rolling annual new business sales and marketing strategy and forecasts, leveraging econometrics and performance data to provide accurate and stretching targets to grow new customers in line with the AA’s growth strategy.
- Optimise spend and performance to deliver the sales volume, revenue and value targets for all channels to within agreed budgets, CPA, Average Transaction Value and other targets.
- Develop and lead the campaign strategy and plans for all channels, including PPC, programmatic, CRM, newsletters, email SMS, direct mail. Identify, test and establish new channel opportunities.
- Develop and deliver a constant pipeline of promotion, product and pricing tests within existing and new marketing channels and segments, to maximise the efficiency of the marketing budget, and to grow AA’s target segments.
- Collaborate with the digital acquisition team to ensure offline and online campaigns and journeys are integrated to optimise the end-to-end conversion rate and customer value metrics.
- Through data, articulate the effectiveness of marketing activity, highlighting how optimisation activities are driving incremental value.
- Create and sustain a high performing team, providing clear direction, effective communication and development coaching that results in high engagement scores and quality performance.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Astute marketing specialist with background in multi-channel customer acquisition and CRM.
- Preferably some experience of marketing services delivered through a geographically dispersed network of service locations.
- Proven ability to develop individuals into a high performing team and motivate them to exceed expectations
- Strong commercial acumen – with a broad understanding of all the levers that impact revenue and profits and experienced in econometrics
- Highly numerate, analytical and commercially astute
- Experienced in supplier and partner management and budgetary control, having worked closely with or in procurement teams
- Strong ability to influence internally and externally, leading cross-functional initiatives and virtual teams and to ensure quality delivery through others
- Able to think strategically, but also to translate this into workable solutions that can be easily and effectively communicated
- Experience of working in a regulated sector an advantage
Education and Qualifications:
- Strong educational background
- Embraces the AA Values of: courtesy, care, collaboration, expertise, dynamism
- Highly customer-oriented
- Ambitious and driven – with a desire to learn
- A natural leader – takes ownership, is proactive and inspires people to deliver their best
- An ability to influence stakeholders, internally and externally, and a natural collaborator
- An ability and willingness to operate at different ‘levels’ – equally comfortable participating in strategic Executive Committee discussions as ‘rolling up sleeves’ to get the work done
- An open-mindedness to new ideas, insights and opportunities from all sources
- Resilient, persistent and excited by the daily challenge to deliver against targets
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.