- Salary Range Competitive
- Job Level Management
- INDUSTRY SECTOR Law
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solution for every client.
As a full service law firm, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the USA providing legal advice to clients across its company commercial, human resources, litigation and dispute management, and real estate practices.
With 69 offices across 34 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior eDiscovery Consultant to join the team in London. This role supports the delivery of eDiscovery Services to our clients and provides project support to the legal team as well.
As part of this role you can expect to be involved in:
Ensuring that projects are carried out to the best possible standard, within agreed upon timeframes, at an acceptable cost and in line with the eDiscovery Services team’s workflows and processes
Supporting the delivery of technical and consultancy services to legal teams and clients in:
- Data management
- Data Collection and Data Processing
- Managed Document review
- Electronic Trial Preparation
- Relevant Court Rules and Practice directions
- Consistently deliver clear and proactive communications to the legal teams and clients.
- To work with other members of the team, the legal teams and clients to provide advice and solutions in relation to each stage of the EDRM.
- Proactively engage with case teams and clients on scoping the project and recommend appropriate workflows.
- Manage large scale eDiscovery projects, including document review teams, from the initial scoping through to trial.
- Take initiative on troubleshooting issues and errors and provide continued communication throughout the process of identifying a solution.
- Ensure that up to date records are being maintained with regards to the status of all projects being worked on.
- Provide training and support to clients and legal teams.
- To provide technical and project support on all phases of a disclosure exercise
- Developing an understanding of eDiscovery best practices and processes and providing consultative advice to stakeholders.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Security or Computer Forensics
- A strong technical understanding of eDiscovery and litigation support.
- eDiscovery project management experience with a service provider, consultancy, government agency or law firm of at least 6 years.
- A solid understanding of database design, management, and data processing.
- Technical/Work-based Skills/Knowledge.
- Experience using Axcelerate and other eDiscovery platforms both for processing, review and production.
- In-depth understanding of the EDRM and eDiscovery workflows and processes.
- Ability to understand and work with complex databases.
- Proven analytical abilities to troubleshoot issues and recommend solutions.
- Strong desire to continue to develop technical skills as required by the role and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills – both with colleagues and clients
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- An interest in developing and new litigation technologies and how they may complement the existing ES toolkit
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.