- Job Reference 31231
- SALARY & BENEFITS £37,803 - £41,585 plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates
- Job Level Senior Executive Officer
Are you familiar with testing across large-scale IT estates?
Do you have experience working with automated test frameworks?
Are you looking to challenge yourself in a new, exciting workspace?
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and server-less solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital!
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Managing all test processes
- Managing client relationships with respect to testing matters
- Coordinating, managing and communicating the planning of the system and/or acceptance tests
- Defining acceptance criteria for user stories
- Creating fast feedback loops
- Ensuring that testing is relevant, considering product owner preferences
You will also have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
- Experience in testing within a large-scale ICT estate, including integrating new and legacy products
- An ability to analyse and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, pro-active sharing attitudes
- Experience across a range of performance / load / automation test tools e.g Selenium, JMeter, Gatling etc.
- Experience working on technical projects within an Agile & service aligned model and the necessary sharing communicative behaviors
- Promoting continuous improvements and effective use of Agile practices, for example experience of one or more from peer review, test driven development, automated build & test
- Ability to quickly research and learn new tools and techniques, learn by proof of concepts and iteration
- Experience building test automation and detailed knowledge of at least one programming language (we use a range of languages including Ruby, Java, Python ) and understanding of web and mobile development.
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Ability to mentor and coach other QA & testing resources
- Excellent written communication skills including reports, and technical specifications.
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Understanding of the use of Design at every step of the Agile process
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
- Understanding of web and mobile application security
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Developing Self and Others
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Government Digital Service (GDS) Digital Data and Technology (DDaT) Profession – QAT – Senior Test Engineer Click here to view Framework
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.